Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm leaving on a Jet plane!!

Okay I keep hearing that song in my head. I am so lucky to have such great friends at work. They called me this morning to wake me up. One side effect of working the night shift is sleeping in. I usually sleep in until about 11 am even on days when I need to be up early.

Then I had a little bit of panic because I thought wait do I leave at 9:30 am or 9:30 pm. Again this is another side effect of working the night shift I mess that up all the time. Sounds crazy but I do.

My suit case is packed and weights 38.5 pounds thanks to that great scale Gerard had bought me a couple of months ago. Luckily the suit case is all muscle and no fat.

I have a few phone calls to make and a couple of stops before I leave for the airport but I really do think that I can get it all done in time.

Thank goodness Geralyn called me last night because I was starting to dread saying goodbye to Gerard. It kept the tears down to a minimum. I made him sleep with the little bear that I have for little banana. He loved the idea, not that he is a teddy bear sleeping type of man but because it is something that has been close to him and will be close to her.

Do you think I have time for a hair cut? This is when Gerard would yell something like no way your late.

13 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't know about the haircut but make sure you give yourself plenty of time. I'm not sure where time flies to but it flies pretty fast. That is funny that you mention that song, I posted using that same song. It got stuck in my head and I tried to sing it to Mike but he didn't know it. Have a safe trip and keep us posted. You will be in my thoughts.
Melissa

Nancy said...

safe travels!

mamma2 said...

Hope everything goes well for you!

findingourdaughter said...

Have a safe, wonderful trip! This has been so long coming for you and I cannot wait to follow your trip 1 updates!
Praying for all to go smoothly!
God Bless!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to hear all about your trip. :)

Heather said...

Travel safe and remember to enjoy each moment.

Amy said...

Have a great trip, take lots of pictures, and savor every moment. I can't wait to hear all about it.
And NO you don't have time for a hair cut :)

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Have a great trip!!! I know you waited a long for travel dates, but WOW, it seems like you had a short time to get ready to go. You'll be in my thougths and prayers this week!!!

Roger and Joanne said...

Ahhhh!!! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear details, details, details about the trip and the visits to your daughter.

Safe travels! We'll be waiting.

Rich and Jolynn said...

Yeah! I wish I could go with you. Waiting on pins and needles for an update. I just have a felling that you are going to have a wonderful time. We will be thinking of you.

Kevin T. said...

Now this is REALLY it!!! Have a safe and fun trip! - I will be thinking about you.
Maybe you can get a haircut while in Russia?!

Laura said...

Cheers to the moment you have been waiting for with great anticipation! Like others have said, enjoy every moment - whether blissful or challenging as each of them brings you closer to Little T.

Blessings for a wonderful trip!

~Laura

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip. Enjoy every moment!