Monday, March 16, 2009

So what does she look like?

She is little not too little but little. When she was born she was on the small side so she has always been little. Her size at birth and measurements were and are of no concern to me. I have seen many children this size thrive.

She is very busy, busy, busy!! During our visit she did not stop at all. At the last minute both I left for the Russia I stopped at Target and bought 2 pink canvas bags to put her toys in for my trip to see her. There was a possibility that she was going to come to me and stay longer but the weather was so cold and the roads although plowed still had icy spots. I am glad that I was the one that made the trip and not her.



I would have worried about her trip home and that would have been worst. I am not sure that I would have been told if she had arrive home safely right away. So it was way better that I traveled and not her.

Her hair is a dark blond with red highlights. Her eyes are a dark blue green color. She has a mouth full of teeth. She has little tiny hands and feet. Hopefully her feet will stay small so that she can get a bunch of deals of shoes.

I traced her feet so that I could start to look for shoes for her. I asked the Director if I could remove her shoe and she did. I placed her foot on the note pad and started to trace around her foot. I was so concentrated on tracing her foot accurately that I almost did not realize that her feet are very ticklish. She started to wiggle her toes, when I looked at her face she was giggling with a great big smile. Her foot measures 4 1/2 inches long.

Currently she is wearing 12 month size clothing so I have been directed to purchase size 18 month clothing. In the next couple of weeks Gerard is going to start her closet organizer. He has a plan and that is usually pretty scary because that means more work for me but this is work I will enjoy. I have to start thinking about her room.

16 comments:

Rob said...

So thrilled for you, Joy! This is such an exciting time and I can practically feel you gushing with happiness!

I know you'll be occupy your time/thoughts with all sorts of creative prepwork in her room.

Can't wait until we can see a photo!

Amy said...

Glad you are home safe and sound!!

Jane and Jim said...

This is the ABSOLUTE BEST time! I loved getting the rooms together for my little ones..it makes it soooo real!
I'm so happy for you!
You must be on cloud nine - isn't it the greatest feeling??
Keep on blogging and letting us know what her room looks like and give us a sneak peek!!!!!
BEST to you! Jane

Melissa said...

I'm glad you made it home safe and sound. I hope you enjoyed your time in Moscow and especially your time with Little Banana. That was smart to trace her foot. I hope you get your paperwork set and return to get her quickly. Congrats again, welcome home, and keep us updated!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home. She is smaller than I thought she'd be, guess I have to go shopping again!

PattiL said...

Glad your home, but its going to get crazy now that you have met your little peanut, and thats all you can think about! The suspense is killing me! I cant wait to see her little face! Heres to a short wait!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy, Oh My Gosh, she sounds so precious!!! I am so excited for you - You will have so much fun shopping now that you really know who you are shopping for!
I am wishing you all the best!!
Teresa

Dana Doctor said...

Welcome home Joy. Glad you are safe and sound. Your daughter sounds precious. I can't wait to meet her!

Penny said...

Glad your home and so happy for you. I read along but don't always post. Wouldn't want you to feel like I am a stalker.

I just can't get a sentence out of my head. The fact that it started to snow as you left the orphanage. It brought tears to my eyes, a little sign maybe.
It sounds like you are on your way and little Banana is wanting to attach.
I hope the time between visits is short and you get everything prepared.
What a lucky family you will be in a very short amount of time.... I hope!

Anonymous said...

good to see you home, now we wait together! soon we'll have the little one's home!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Oh Joy,

She sounds abslutely precious and perfect!!! I've been out of town and am just now catching up. Your's was the first blog I checked. I can't wait to catch up to see how your trip went.

Rich and Jolynn said...

I am so glad you are home and it is such fantastic news that everything is progressing so little banana can come home.

I think you will have so much fun filling up that new organized closet.

Sent you an e-mail....

Anonymous said...

Love the ticklish toes - what a special moment for you! I'm one of eight kids, and remember my mom tracing our feet to take to the store to buy shoes while we stayed home with my older sisters!

Glad trip #1 is behind you - soon you'll be preparing for trip #2.

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

I'm so thrilled for you, Joy! So so so thrilled :)

cm

Amy Webber said...

She sounds adorable. Glad you are home safe and sound. Did you buy those little pink Uggs yet???? She is going to be one spoiled little girl.....deservedly so!!

Carey and Norman said...

Thank you for the visual. It is always fun to share/hear the little details that we fall in love with concerning our children. She sounds precious!! I cannot wait to see her sweet face!

I'm glad you were able to go meet your daughter! Now, we just need a court date!