Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm Back in Moscow

Back in Moscow! I arrived a couple of hours ago and I am in an apartment a short walk to Red Square and St Basil's. I have full access to internet in my studio apartment. The building was the first 9 story builing on Moscow so it is pretty famous around here. I have a full kitchen and a grocery store across the street.

I can tell you that my head is spinning right now. I am thinking about so many things that need to be done at home. I wish I was going home soonier then the 18th.

Staying with the host family was interesting and very different. As you all know I am not a big fan of the sleep over thing. As a result of that I have not slept yet. I have actually lost count as to how many hours it has been because of the time changes from home to Moscow to Cheboksary to Moscow.

I feel like I need to sleep for the next week. It is 3:30 am and just as I am starting to think I am feeling tired there is now road work starting. Yeah for me!

Besides Little Banana there are many things that I miss. I am so thirsty right now that I can not even tell you. I hate to write this and children please do not try this at home but I drink way too much soda! Since I have been in Russia I have only had 2 bottles of soda. I know that this accounts for my wicked headache and sleep issues. Stress has not been helpful either.

I hate to write this because Gerard will say that it makes me sound crazy but you have no idea how much I miss him. Calling him is very expensive and at first was difficult to figure out. I am not always sure he got my text messages which makes me crazy. I guess that is why I am not a big text message sender.

In the past 2 days I have thrown caution and my next 2 paychecks to the wind and I have been calling him. Which brought on another problem my cell phone started to die. No problem I say except I broke the adapters that I brought. Do not even ask but yes I am sure that they are both broken.

When I left Cheboksary I had one bar left on my phone. In the airport I bought a new charger for my phone the only problem is I will need an adaptor if I want to use it at home. Now I have a fully charged phone.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Why are you there until the 18th of March? I thought you mentioned that you will not be see your precious girl anymore this trip. Before you know you'll be back with your husband and wishing you were in Russia (to be with your girl)What type of foods do they have for breakfasts, lunches and dinners?

Amy Webber said...

Just try to relax and enjoy your time without a little one to tote around....the next time you see Moscow, your not going to be paying attention to the scenary or sleep!!Take it all in, take alot of pictures and plan out your next trip back. You will never have this much time to think, at least not for the next 18-30 years...enjoy!

Melissa said...

I can so easily relate to what you are saying. I was beyond tired, thirsty, and emotional on our first trip. I'm sure I wasn't much fun to be with, a little snappy at times. I too drink way to much soda and it is hard to come by a nice cold soda in Russia. It will be nice for you to be in an apartment, but why are you in Russia for so much longer?
Melissa

Kellie said...

We will be in Moscow and will just miss you! We get in the 22nd on a stop over to Tomsk. I understand what you mean about the sleep over thing. I hardly sleep in hotels as it is. I am planning on bringing some tylenol pm, just in case. Try to take in the site. I hear there is a great souvenier shop that is only open on Sundays.
Will keep praying for you!!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

The headaches... oh the headaches... I had a non-stop migraine the whole time we were in Moscow our 2nd trip while there with Owen, which was one of the reasons we stayed in the hotel so much. I don't do well with no sleep, and my body was so confused.

I hope and pray you get some rest and relief and are able to enjoy your time in Moscow while you have the opportunity. I wish so much we could have done more there our first trip!! :O)

So glad you got your phone charged so you could talk to Gerard. I know he's dying for you to come back home :)

Anonymous said...

More about your girl???

kate said...

Joy, look for an Apollo phone card. They come in 100, 200, and 500 rouble cards. They have the best rate from Russia tothe US that I've found (about 1 rouble/minute) and are reliable. You'll be able to talk and TALK! And, I think that will help you feel better.

Go get a Coke! I keep them on my windowsill at school to keep them cold. If you ask (eta holodnya?) they'll tell you if it's cold when you buy it.

Laura said...

Wow....5 more days until you go home? To bad you couldn't have spent that time with your little girl. But we know she is close at heart - and just keep looking at those pics of her!

Hang in there and take in the Moscow sites --- then you can be Gerard's travel guide when you go back!

~Laura :)

Nicole Brueck said...

Enjoy some of the sites while you are there if the weather is good. Ask the person that you are renting the hotel from if you can hire a driver to take you around to see the sites. I think it is about 20 dollars an hour but we thought it was well worth it.
We changed our flight home on trip one as we were done earlier than we thought as well. I am not sure who you are flying with but with NWA it was a nominal fee, especially when we played the adoption card. I think we flew standby but got on the first flight. Sending sleep vibes your way. :)