Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Flight and Arrival at the Moscow Airport

Well the flight was a breeze. I sat next to a lovely Russia girl who had been in NYC for vacation. Jenny the food on the flight was very shall I say interesting. The dinner consisted of steamed fish, peas, carrots and rice. I have to say I did enjoy the dessert. It was some sort of chocolate mocha thing. Very tasty!

I listened to my book which I will have to re listen too because I fell asleep after about the third chapter. I was able to sleep quite a bit on the flight so I do feel pretty well rested.

I was met at the airport by Andre. He was a very nice young man how drove me to the hotel. The hotel is one that I am sure many have stayed at because I recognize some of the landscape outside my window. The hotel was reasonable in price but does not have internet access. Hotel Belgrad.

I am waiting for my passport to be registered. This is a requirement of the Russian government and a condition of my Visa. I have been advised to wait in the hotel until I have the passport back in my hands before venturing off.

The hotel is centrally located so many of the things that I wanted to see are close by. The weather is cold but not too cold more of a wet cold. There is snow on the ground and snow predicted for this week. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you get a chance Mu-Mu Cafe is in Moscow in a few spots...we thought it was really good, inexpensive, and all russian food! You are almost there!!! :-)

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I have stayed at the same hotel before. The restaurant on the 3rd floor is good and they are friendly. The room service is good too and you can order chicken caesar salad, coke and ice cream! Not bad.

Ok- if you go out the hotel doors and QUICKLY cross the busy street you will find yourself in a grassy median. Look to the left and you will see a stair case that goes down under the road...head that way and that under-walkway (which is under another very busy street) takes you over near Arbat street where you will find a McDonalds and a Hard Rock as well as some shopping for souvenirs like nesting dolls, paintings, whatever you like. I walked to it many times by myself and was just fine. You can do it! Maybe Andre can give you better directions than I can, but you are really close to Arbat street...and that is good when you are by yourself.

So glad you made it!!!