Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Where are you from?

I guess us girls from NJ are just a little bold. Who knew! Although the hotel was very nice and safe I have requested to be put into an apartment when I return one with internet and telephone if possible. I know that there are many apartments close to where I was staying just because that is what I have read from others who have been here before. The price is the same or cheaper then the hotel. I will not know if I am going to be in an apartment until I return.

This request prompted the question of where are you from? His first guess was New York and that made me laugh because I think of myself as not even remotely being from there and I could NEVER fool anyone from the US that I was from New York. His next guess was New Jersey. We must be a pushy bunch of people from NJ because there are 49 other states to guess from. That made me laugh.

So I will be checking in at the airport in a couple of minutes. I have heard that the airplane will be a small one not a jet! I wonder how small? Alexander the Russian coordinator told me that I was booked on a flight instead of a train because the sleeping car is for 2 people. I would either have to pay for both fares or have a sleep over with a stranger!

I am not really all that big about sleep over parties so I am glad that I will be flying. He was able to answer a couple of my burning questions. I will need to make a list of more so that I am more organized.

I did ask him if there was much to do in Cheboksary and he laughed. I take that as a NET!

PS Geralyn you've got mail. I am not sure how frequently you check it so please take a look when you get a chance.

5 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Enjoy your flight from Cheborasky. I cannot wait to hear about your first visit!! Have fun!!

I laughed at the man knowing you were from NJ. I do think you can tell if someone is from the north, south, west, etc.....don't know that I could pinpoint the actual state ;o)

Roger and Joanne said...

You're getting closer! I'm so excited for your next several posts.
Hope the flight is a safe one and comfortable one.

Candis Berge said...

I'm following your blog from Minnesota - but I had to laugh today because I'm a NJ girl! One time someone said to me, after I complained about something, "Oh, don't be so 'east coast'!" You go girl. Praying for your trip. I don't know how I found your blog; a link from someone else's blog, but it's good to have many praying!

Rich and Jolynn said...

That is so funny, he knew what state. I love the rice paper pin.

It sounds like you are such a great traveler. I have not yet left the continent and hope to do so soon! Did the Moscow coordinator get the flight for you, just wondering about the details. Staying with a stranger on the train would be um a no for me too. hehe.

So excited about reading your blog entry for little banana!!!

findingourdaughter said...

You are so brave. I cannot imagine not being in charge of my arrangements/details. And I DO NOT like surprises......they would be freaking if it was me there instead of you and I'm from the "smiley, polite, hospitable South". But I also like things "just so".
Thank God we make our own arrangements with our agency! At least if it goes wrong I can only blame myself, LOL.
You have such a great positive go with the flow personality! I need to work on mine!
God bless your first embrace with your little girl!