Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Surprise from Gerard!

The other night when I was feeling so down I did what any good woman would do, I went shopping and Gerard went to the gym. Half way through my trip to Target searching for the best possible deals I got a phone call from Gerard. He was so excited and told me to meet him at Bed, Bath and Beyond because he wanted to buy me something.

Those who know me in person know that I LOVED new sheets for my bed. I also easily have enough fine china to have a party for 150 people. Basically I love BBBY. Instantly I start to think about those gorgous curtains for the dining room that I have been pineing over for 3 months but refuse to buy because I am saving money.

Quickly I check out at Target and rush over to BBBY trying to remember how many curtain panels do I need?? Was it 5 or 6? I rush into the store because I see he is already there and in the store. I go directly to the curtains and no Gerard so I find him by of course the bathroom SCALES!

No that is not a misprint and yes he was very excited!

Gerard: "I know how much you wanted a new scale! So I figured I would surprise you with one!"

Me: ....speechless....

Gerard: "Look this one will tell you how many pounds are fat and how much is water weight!!" (Okay yes he is still excited)

Me:....speechless...

What can I say he is so thoughtful. He proceeds to pull all the scales down to test them out to see which one is the most accurate. Oh don't worry yes he asked me to try them out too! I believe the words were "Jump On!!" (Insert an excited tone)

Now let me set the stage if no one knows I am full girl if you know what I mean. I don't jump on the scale he insisted we buy 15 years ago. But none of this has dampened his excitement over a new bathroom scale. It took him about 50 minutes to narrow down which scale he wanted but I did finally start to help him out. When he stood on the ones that I did not like I put my toe on the back edge without him knowing. God bless him he thinks I am not only thin but beautiful too! I do not want anyone to hate on me or to be jealous over my brand new, fat totalling bathroom scale.

13 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Great stuff!! Love it!

Rich and Jolynn said...

There's no way I would "Jump on". No h8ter here, hehehe. I think our scale is covered in dust in a corner of our bath. I like how your toe came in handy!

Amy said...

very sweet :)

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

That is too funny!!! :)

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

You are too beautiful for words! I love Gerard! He is just such a man! : ) Something Pat would do, too, by the way!

Kevin T. said...

That is so cute!! You two are so cute together!! Have a great day...Teresa

PattiL said...

OMG! we did the same thing! We bought a new scale a couple months ago, and David and are are not thin my any means, so he was just happy to find a scale that went to 350! But since that day, my husband has been shedding the pounds. Hes not like 305. Jerk! I'm still a whale!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

I can't stop laughing still. I know it was far from funny at the time, but God love Gerard. He tried so hard to cheer you up and thought he had found just the right thing to do it :). Now that's love :). And the way you handled it---now that was true love at its best!! Lol. Thinking of you,
Adrienne

Tiger & Kar said...

I can't stop laughing. What a great post. Congrats on the new scale! It has found a wonderful home!

findingourdaughter said...

LOL----Classic!!!!

Jami said...

Oh seriously too funny. Sounds just like my hubby!!

Kelly Rae said...

I followed your link from another blog. This story is absolutely hilarious! I would not be too anxious to "jump on!" myself and I can only imagine his enthusiasm making up for that which you lacked! Too funny!

Christen L said...

I love this post!