Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So tell me about the apartment

When I was in Russia I made a quick decision to come home. This was after I had already booked and paid for my apartment. I can tell you I was way overtired and emotional after meeting Little Banana. The apartment was about 2 blocks from Red square. The location was perfect. Here are pictures of my actual apartment.

I would have done anything to be in my own bed. When the owner of the apartment rental agency found out that I was an American who was in Russia and feeling home sick what do you think he did?? Do you think he said too bad this is my business and I am keeping your money?? NO he did not!!!

Instead he took the time out of his day away from his family to call me. He had very kind words for me at a time when I needed them the most. I could not believe that a person who I never met and may never met would be so kind and generous with his heart. He asked about little banana and was very interested in knowing how my experience in Russia was. He gave me many tips for my next trip back to Moscow.

When I rented the apartment I signed a legal contract that stated I would pay a certain amount of money for a certain amount of time with no refunds but because I had rented the apartment at the last minute the day before he was generous enough to give me back part of my money. For that I will always be grateful.

He told me that the apartment that I rented was not one of his nicest apartments but I was very satisfied with what I rented and the price was very reasonable. When I return to Moscow hopefully in the next couple of months I totally plan on using his service again. Rick I wish only the best for you and your family you will be in my thoughts and prayer every time I think about my time in Moscow.

The name of his service is Moscow-Star Properties, inc

4 comments:

Melissa said...

It's amazing how generous people can be. We only have good things to say about everyone we met in Russia. Even down to the girls at McD's who helped bring the high chair to our table for me. What a difference a little generosity can make when we are homesick.
Melissa

Troy and Rachel said...

I agree with Melissa that we found Moscow very friendly. I'm so glad things worked out and you were able to come home. I loved reading Gerard's reactions to his little banana!

Carey and Norman said...

Simply amazing...isn't great to see God working!!

Dede said...

Everyone in Moscow was kind to us too (once we were through Customs). You should check to see if your guy has apartments available with FREE long distance to the U.S. That was the best...we were able to call our families every day and fill them in on what was going on. We stayed on New Arbat and liked the convenience of restaurants and stores being right across the street.