Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gerard's Reaction to the pictures and video

As you all know I had to get a new phone. There was a lot of thought that went into purchasing that phone which also included if there was a decent camera in the phone so that I could take a picture of her with my phone and send it to him. I was willing to pay any price to send him a picture this way. It was the middle of the night here in the states when I first met her but that did not stop Gerard from being awake and waiting for his picture.

Only one small problem I did not take it. Once I was back in Moscow my computer had no battery power left and I could not charge it because I broke the adapter for it. My video camera had also died and my still camera only had about 30% power left. This left me in Moscow with no new pictures of her to stare at and no way to get them to him. That was one of the biggest reasons why I came home early.

Now of course you are all thinking he picked me up from the airport well no. He had planned on picking me up if I had come home on the original date. When I got home he was already at work. So he had to wait even longer. So in the morning he came home with my favorite breakfast (pork roll egg and cheese on a french toast bagel YUM).

In came all the bags and out can the video and still camera. Can you believe that we still have not hooked up the DVD player since before Christmas. Once we got the video started it was wonderful to see her face again. To see her play and walk around sealed the deal for me and any fearful thoughts instantly disappeared. She is smart you can just tell it is all firing upstairs. It will be hard to get anything past her.

Gerard started to tear up. He is becoming quite the over protective father. "She is so careful she does not want to fall and skin her knee just like me" "Look she is picking up her toys" "I told you she was perfect" "I told you her hair was blond" "Look at how she comes to you" "I was right about everything" "We have to get her home so you better call them (the agency) everyday" "She looks too little to be walking already" "Look at how she smiles" "Bozzie she is wearing her bonnet" "You are right she does not take her eyes off of you" "She keeps hugging you"

By the way she really likes the video camera and the still camera. I had turned the video camera screen so that she could see herself. She loved pointing and watching herself. That was one of her favorite toys much to Gerard's dismay. She would do something in front of the camera then point to the camera. He was wrong about that she loves the camera unlike him.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Can't wait to see her!! Hurry up court date!!!

Melissa said...

She sounds adorable. I am so glad you had a good time with her. Cherish those photos and video. They certainly helped us through the long wait.
Melissa

Carey and Norman said...

Oh, how wonderful to hear about Gerard's first viewing of your little banana. I love it. I was smiling ear to ear as I read this. I'm just so thankful that your visit went so well and that you have such great video and photos to watch while you wait. And, I agree with Gerard that you need to call the agency daily (okay...weekly) to inquire about when you will return! Can't wait to see her myself!!

Nicole Brueck said...

She sounds like a dolly girl! I love Gerards reaction. I can't wait to see the pictures after your court trip! I called weekly to see if they had an update, I really wanted to call daily...LOL!