Saturday, March 28, 2009

2 Weeks Down ***Edited***

I know it feels like I have not posted anything for a couple of days. My nights and days are usually so mixed up and since I have been back from Russia this condition has only gotten worst. I started back to work this past week and all I can say is wow.

Because I work the night shift I am usually pretty good until about 3 am. For me that is the witching hour where I start to get tired. The other night I felt myself dragging I looked at the clock and it was 9:30 pm. Yikes, I really need to get back to my regular sleep schedule.

So where does my paperwork stand as of today? Well I have completed the proof of housing and put it into the envolope to be sent to the agency, The I-171 is notarized. The financials are at the accountant waiting for a signature. I am still waiting on the FBI clearance but I am sure it will be here soon.

Thursday I had my physical. The doctor laughed when he saw the blood work that I needed to have done. As a precaution I asked for a drug and alcohol test too. That is when he really started to laugh because he said I was one of the only people who ever asked to have this done. There is a spot where he has to sign that states I do not use drugs or alcohol, I just want to make sure that there is no questions. The agency did not ask for a copy of this but I plan on getting a copy for when I travel for trip # 2.

Friday I went to the hospital and had the labs drawn and collected a urine sample. The people in the lab laughed because I know them well one of the girls who was there is the one that comes to the nursery every morning so we laughed about these tests. Thank goodness hospitals do not make me nervous. My one sister just hates to go into them for any reason.

I think I scared her when she came to visit and I had to take poop in a cup down to the lab. That produced a ton of questions none of which I could answer directly.

Last night I decided to convert my blog into a book. I think it will come out okay. I think it will be pretty funny to flip through in the future and I recommend it to anyone who has a blog.

I started a separate private blog. At this point Gerard and I are the only ones who will have access to this blog. The purpose of this blog is to detail all the important information that I have collected for Little Banana about her birth family and past. I just never want that information to be lost to her. I plan on converting it into a book for her as well. So some of my time has been spent doing that while the information is fresh in my mind.

So there has been some progress not as much as I wanted but some. I hope to meet my deadline of April 9 th to have everything to the agency. I still think it is possible.

***I used www.blurb.com I downloaded the booksmart software first. It only took about 2 minutes. Then I imported the blog. There is a heading that is titled blog to book. I imported the blog it took about 3 minutes for everything to transfer over. Even the pictures that went along with the posts, which I loved that feature. The date and time of the post was even noted. You can spell check the whole book and make a changes if you want. There are many different options; hard cover, soft cover, dust jackets, many different sizes. You can also chose for the book to be private or public you can order 1 copy or a thousand. I did not think it was a ton of money either it depends on the number of pages.

I am planning on printing out the blog every year.

8 comments:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Joy - how are you converting your blog to a book? I'm intrigued :)

And, we have a private birth family blog, too. It's massively important information! It's important to preserve it safely - and privately :)

cm

Anonymous said...

how do you make a blog into a book? i have heard about this but know nothing about it.

kate said...

Joy, I've got lots of random stuff on my blog as well. Are you able to publish only posts with certain labels? Or would I need to delete the non-book-worthy posts? What's the maximum number of posts you can use?

I'll go and check out blurb.com! I want to wait to publish until d2b gets HOME. Who knows when that will be...

Laura said...

Joy: I found out about converting a blog to a book last July. When I started my blog in July, that has been the intent all along. Unlike so many of my friends and co-workers, I am not the scrapbooking type. Just don't have the time, patience and creativity! The Blog to a Book is just perfect! What a keepsake for us, grandparents, family, etc. :)

If you print yours out first, you'll have to tell us all about how wonderful it comes out.

Best wishes for counting only weeks...and not months like us. {sigh}

Many blessings,
Laura

Scott said...

I like the blurb site you posted about. It looks great! I want to create a lifebook and I have been doing some research as far as what the content of that book should be. This looks like the perfect way to actually get it printed.

Melissa said...

I was also looking into making my blog into a book but I'm not sure when I want to do it. Colby is home now so maybe I can print it out now. Then start a new one for our many adventures at home.

Congrats on getting things done.
Melissa

Christen L said...

Wow Joy! It's been awhile since I checked in. Things are SO much different in your world now. I didn't even know you had gone to Russia! WOW WOW WOW! I can't wait to hear more about your journey to bring little Banana home. How exciting!?

ellis-family.blogspot.com

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you are doing well during your wait. Sounds like you are well on your way to getting your paperwork complete and in Russia. So glad you are getting prepared for trip 2 (I'm so ready for your travels back too)!

Thanks for sharing the blog book information too!