Sunday, March 8, 2009

Okay things may have changed a little

Tonight as I was getting things set out to pack Gerard came in asking where is the world map? That is when I told him that we do not have a world map. So how do you know where you are going?

Okay if you have not figured it out yet we have a slow reaction time to some things. Not just him but me too. I honestly only had a rough idea where the region was located. Not because I have a lack of interest but because when I look at it on the internet it only gives you the region not the whole map of Russia.

Then I remember that I had bought a map to hang up in the baby's room. So I pull out that map and we started to look for Cheboksary. No luck. I found the river that it boarders and the small town where the orphanage is located but not the big city where I will be staying. So we looked at the map for about 30 minutes.

Gerard started to tell me 'How is it possible to find the little town where the orphanage is located and not the big city?'

That is when I admitted that the map is about 150 years old. I guess some things do change!

4 comments:

Carolynn and Steve said...

Oh, this is too funny! A great story for the banana---

Carey and Norman said...

Funny stuff...well...you'll soon know the location very well!

Jenny G said...

Gerard will never live down the World Map question...you are so "worldly" let's leave it at that...LOL

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Love the teddy bear idea. Have a wonderful trip!!! Will be thinking of you and praying for you. Hope it is a smooth and wonderful experience for you and that sweet little girl.