Friday, July 3, 2009

Week 17 has started! & Yes I have been holding out!

First of all I am finding work is getting in the way with blogging and just plain having fun.

This last week has been a bit odd. Yes, I have been holding out on everyone probably even myself if I truly think about it. There have been so many who have been praying for me and her and I did not feel right posting about other things until I wrote about this development. Last week during my weekly discussion with my agency I asked for an update, pictures, a weight report or news about a court date. Anything! I told them that I was worried that a court date was far away and that I was not feeling very comfortable about the wait anymore.

Well I got my anything! Last week I got what my agency has called a penciled in court date!!!!!! So what does that mean. Well I was not sure that is the reason why I have not mentioned it. I was told that this date could change but it does not seem that it has. I still do not have 100% confirmation about the date and that is the reason why I was reluctant and still somewhat are reluctant to post information about it. I hope to have more information early next week. I tried on Friday to get some more information but alas it is that holiday weekend.

So how do I feel about my anything you ask? EXCITED, ELATED, scared and a little worried but let me explain a bit. No two situations are alike and I am sure that everyone feels that theirs is strange or unusual. It actually took me a whole week to realize that I have a court date. I HAVE A COURT DATE! Gerard told me that he was quite confused by my response. I have walked around in a bit of a daze for the past couple of days. I felt very torn about talking about this date for my fear is that it will change.

I was going on the theory of if I say something then it will change and I really do not want it to change. I guess it is some level of denial, the last thing I want is for this date to fall through and for me to be disappointed not to mention that she would be away from me another day.

I did start to believe that this was the date until I sat down with my friend Lynn to plan this summer's 2nd Annual Amuse Joy Events. That is when I realized that juggling work, days to finish her room and prepare for my trips and Amuse Joy Events might be difficult but we do have them planned have no fear.

It was then that I realized at that moment that I HAVE A COURT DATE! I know delayed reaction which is actually making me laugh when I think about it. I am pretty sure that this is not how others have reacted. This is never how I thought I would react.

So here are the answers to the really big questions:

1.What is the date?
July 30, 2009

2. When do I leave?
I am not sure I was thinking July 24 or 25

3. What did the family say?
Well as soon as I tell them I will let you know. I know this sounds mean but honestly they will drive me crazy. I want them to enjoy the process and not stress that the date may change. I want to wait until it is really, truly confirmed before I tell them. If the date were to change then they would not understand. Honestly if the date changes then I will not have the energy to explain the reason why.

4. Will I make 1 trip or 2 trips?
My plan at first was to make 1 trip but that was before I broke my arm. Now saving my vacation time is even more important then it has been the last 3 years. So I think and I say think I have decided to make 2 trips so that I can work between trips.

5. Will I be traveling alone?
If you ask me today then the answer is yes at least for the 2nd trip. I will be traveling alone. I have made one trip on a plane since my cast came off and I did fine so for today that is the plan. This may however change because I am still a bit uncertain if I will want someone the 3rd trip. I think there are pros and cons to having someone come with me I just need to decide if the pros outweigh the cons.

6. How much time will I be taking off from work when she gets home?
This is still a little up in the air. Because of my broken arm I used quite a bit of my Family Medical Leave but because I went back to work early I am entitled to some time off, about 6 weeks. I do have some vacation time saved so I will plan some days off here and there through out the year.

So that is it. I can barely contain my excitement.

25 comments:

The Gum Gang said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! We leave next week for our court date and we can't wait to get back. I know that you must be on cloud 9! Have fun preparing for the journey!

Amy said...

Yippee! This is great news. Congratulations on your "tentative" court date. I hope you hear confirmation early next week. Start thinking about what you are going to take ;-)

Deb said...

Wow that's right around the corner. Congratz!!
No one reacts the same so don't worry about your reactio or compare it to others. I know my reaction wasn't at all what I expected.

You leave in 3 weeks! Hoping they don't change the date and that you get everything you want to done on time.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Awesome!!! Happy Independence from Worry and stress Day! Happy Gaining new Worries and new Stresses Day!! God bless you Joy. You are one of the most patient people I have ever "met!" I can't wait to hear more about your travel plans.

Nicole Brueck said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!
That is such great news. You have been such a trooper through this long waiting period. The time will fly by between the court trip and pick up trip. I am so very happy for you!

Amy said...

Happy Happy JOY JOY!! I can't believe you have been holding out on me. I have been sooo nervous to ask about updates, but now am overJOYed with the news!! Yea! Yea!

junglemama said...

Woo-hooo Joy! I am so happy for you! I look forward to following your journey to Russia!

Rob said...

Awesome news! And you'll be amazed by how quickly the days between now and when you fly will pass. Can't wait to see photos!

Dede said...

So happy to hear that there is finally a date! Congrats!!!

Scott said...

Yeah! Great news to hear you have a court date. I know you said it is just penciled in but I sure hope it works out for you. You have been waiting long enough. :)

Barb said...

Joy . . . you are so sneaky! I'm thrilled for you!! We had our court date changed from our first "penciled in" one, but only by a couple days. Hopefully, yours won't be changed at all!

Nancy said...

Congratulations!!!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Yay Joy!!! I'm soooo happy for you all!!! Please keep the details coming!

Anonymous said...

FINALLY....i can hardly wait to see pictures!

Melissa said...

Oh Joy I am so happy for you. It has been a long wait but now it is your time. Congrats! I am so excited! I really hope this goes through and you get home ASAP! Your little girl is waiting for you! Yeah!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy,
It's Teresa from Moldova with Love. I am soooooo excited for you!!! You have waited so long and have been so patient. I cannot wait till you have your little one in your arms and can finally bring her home!!
Warmest wishes...Teresa

PattiL said...

OH goodness! Now I can breathe alittle for you! I have on more friend in waiting! I cant wait to see you two with your children home and safe!

Anonymous said...

The FMLA clock for your arm is a different clock from the one for your adoption. Your vacation time is the same, but just because you used arm time does not mean you can't have 12 weeks post adoption. Talk to your HR people. And Congratulations!

findingourdaughter said...

I can hardly contain my own excitement for YOU!!! I am so glad you at least have a tentative date and I will be praying it becomes the real, confirmed date. I myself am feeling anxious today about my own wait......for blind referral travel dates.....but I have about 2 more months to go....it seems so far and so near all at once.
So happy for you....can't wait to follow your travel/court journey!
Hugs,
Angie

Jill and Cliff said...

I think that is fantastic and I don't blame you for waiting to tell family. It is hard for people to understand if they have not been through the process. I can't wait to see what she looks like. I am sure she is beautiful. What a lucky little girl!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Angela Knight said...

What wonderful news! I bet you are so excited to get this done and get your little girl home! Also, I was wondering if you are still with CHI. We have been waiting with CHI for quite a while. I am hopeing things are moving a little more quickly now. It's always encouraging to hear good news!!

Shelly and Steve said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news....I'm so happy for you. I wish we were going to the same region as we'll be in Russia together at the same time. We'll still be finishing up trip#1 when you arrive. I can't wait to be in your shoes. Wooo Hoooo!!!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Yippeeeee!!!!! I have been holding my breath since last week (okay, not literally) hoping and praying to see your "I have a court date" post! July 30 will be here so fast you better get busy!!!

P.S. I agree with anonymous that the time you took off for your arm is DIFFERENT from your FMLA leave. Did you use Short-term disability for your arm? Email me with any questions about it.

Kim

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

I'm just reading your news!!! I'm so so so so thrilled, Joy!!!

Can't wait until you reunite with your little sweetheart.

cm

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

So happy for you.