Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My second visit

This again is going to be a condenced version of my visit. I plan to write much more about each visit so that I have it all written down. Today I was taken to the baby home by the drive who speaks almost no English. I do have a funny story (funny now not then) about my first trip to the baby home. I will wait until I am home to tell it so my Mother and Gerard's parents do not worry.
We got there at about 12 pm again right after her lunch. At first she was a bit unsure but the previous day she focused mostly on my sudoku puzzle book. She has easily looked at every page about 4 million times. The day before she did not want to play with any toys just look at the puzzle book. So to break the ice I held out the puzzle book and she went for it. Although this time I switched it out after about 5 minutes with a photo album of our home, her room, and family. Bingo! For the first 15 minutes she just flipped the pages fast and furiously. Then I started to slow her sown and tell her about each picture. I included in pictures of her and us together. At one point she stopped at a picture of us and turned her head to me and smiled. We played outside in the 100 degree weather but were able to find some shade thank goodness. I fry in the sun. I did not think to pack sunblock I am in Russia after all.
This was the first time that we were able to just play without someone standing right next to us. I did take a few pictures but I was more concerned with just being with her. I am not sure when I will get to do that again so that was my focus. The funny thing is when I started to tkae a few pictures she thought I was playing pee a boo.
She is very sweet and smart. She LOVES books! This has been the one thing she has liked in each of my 3 visits. I will write more tomorrow. I am dirty, hot, sticky and typing from my phone.
The big for tomorrow is court! Off to look over some paperwork.

15 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Praying for a non-eventful court tomorrow Joy and for a decision that we have all been waiting for, for you!

Chickie said...

Praying all goes well in court!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I love funny stories, so I can't wait to hear what happened yesterday. Martin and I laugh at a lot of things now that were NOT so funny at the time.

Best wishes for a successful court!

Carrie said...

The trips to Russia always provide a funny story or two! Good luck in court! Can't wait to hear the good news!

Melissa said...

Court day! You made it. I am sure all will go well tomorrow. I hope you get to take her home very soon. We can't wait to see her little face.
Melissa

Amber said...

praying that court goes well tomorrow how exciting!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Court! Awesome! Praying continuously for you!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Praying that everything goes well for you guys!!!!

Carey and Norman said...

The picture books worked for us too! Still a hot item that our daughter will look through. Glad your little one is warming up and interacting with you more!

Praying for court tomorrow!

Dana Doctor said...

Sounds like a great visit! Best of luck in court.

Beth said...

good luck in court. Hot weather, sun block who would of thought in Russia???? SOunds like you had a great visit. Can not wait to see a picture of her.

Dede said...

Sounds like a good visit! We'll be anxiously awaiting the official mommy post after court. ;-)

Laura said...

Best wishes at court, Joy -- and we look forward to the sigh of relief afterwards!!! Little Banana is within your reach...hang in there.

Blessings,
Laura :)

Shelly and Steve said...

Good luck!!! I'm sure court will be successful and I hope the time is SHORT until she is in your arms for good!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh, Joy, she sounds like such a doll! That is so amazing how she saw you both together in the picture book and turned to you and smiled - Sooooo sweet!!
Best wishes today with court!! I am so excited for you!
Take care,
Teresa