Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm HERE!

The second flight from Chicago was very nice. The flight was only partially full so I got to sit alone. I do love extra space on a plane. I was able to have a nice window seat again my favorite.

I was picked up by Alexander the driver different from my coordinator Alex. I know very confusing. It is 3 pm here I will be going out to the store shortly so that I have a couple of things to eat. I was smart this time and I packed a diet soda just in case of an emergency.

The apartment is nice and much bigger then the last one that I stayed in. Thank goodness for the computer here because I just do not think that I could have carried my laptop this trip. It does make me question how I will be able to bring her home and handle the bags but I guess I will figure it all out when the time comes. I know I will not be able to take more then one bag on that trip.

I look around this apartment and think Little banana will think I am crazy because I will show her pictures of her room and then bring her here. One thing I forgot was saline for my eyes. I remember thinking on the last trip that I have to remember that and yup forgot it.

I know that most of you will think how come she did not get this done before! You had 5 months after all. Well I really can not answer that question but one of the things that made me late was I stopped by W@lmart to print up some pictures for court. I bought a little red leather book to put them in so that I can show the judge her room and my house. I included a couple of pictures of her and the two of us. You will not believe how many times I have printed up the same pictures and looked at them like they were brand new.

I pray that they used the camera that I left to take pictures of her. You have to understand I am a bit of a freak about that at work because these are moments that you will never get back. I feel like I have missed so much. I know that I will have so many years with her and a bunch of firsts too but I just want to keep her little for a little bit longer.

Have no fear I will be blogging a lot while I am in Moscow. I will only get about an hour a day at the apartment in Cheboksary so maybe a little less there.

10 comments:

John and Lee said...

Wonderful!! Following along and praying for safe travels, a great court "event", and beautiful moments with little bannana!!

Rich and Jolynn said...

So glad you are there. The sneak peek was so precious. She is going to have such a fan club! Hope you are resting too. Sounds like a nice apartment.

Melissa said...

You made it! Congrats. Enjoy your last moments of quiet. Can't wait to see you both together!
Melissa

Dede said...

Woo hoo...so happy to hear from you and that you made it safely. You should be able to purchase the saline at a pharmacy there, look for the stores that have 36.6 (normal body temp in Celsius) on the front of them. There is one on New Arbat across from TGIF if your apt is in that area. (see photo here: http://www.2dolphins.com/images/MoscowTrip2/images/img_0311.jpg) There is also a grocery store in the same shopping strip a few doors down from it.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

The next few days will be hectic for you. . .enjoy yourself. . .rest. . .and know you are in our prayers!

Stacy

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

So glad you had a nice flight. I can relate to the forgetting things and being late. It doesn't matter how much time you have to prepare, it always (for me anyway) comes down to the wire. I forgot my coat in DECEMBER! Now that you are there, try to relax and take deep breaths. It's all going to be great!!!

Carolynn and Steve said...

Hey Joy!
Glad to hear that you made it safely there and that the flight was good. Get some rest (if you can!) and try to enjoy--it's all going to be great. You're in my heart and in my prayers!

Becky and Keith said...

Ooooo... I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! (Yes, I'm yelling!:-)) I just looked at your sneak peak and then saw that you are there! If you have 100 hits a day on your blog, that's just me refreshing and waiting to hear what's next! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy!
I am so excited for you!!!
Know that I am thinking of you and praying for everything to go perfectly. I can't believe your time is finally here to see the little banana again!
Warm wishes...Teresa

Carrie said...

So glad you made it. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy every minute of it. Can't wait to hear more.