Monday, July 6, 2009

So what did Gerard think?

Well I bet you are expecting me to say that he is under the house hiding. Nope! Not this time. He is smiling, laughing and just plain talking about her all the time. For those of you who have met Gerard (okay none of you have actually met him, maybe just over the phone) he is quiet, really quiet and shy. I guess the old opposites attract is true. Me, not so quiet!

A very dear friend of mine Geralyn made me a DVD of all her pictures to music. Almost daily I have been watching this video. I think I have memorized every picture. I realized that there were more good pictures then I originally thought there were. I watch it sometime before I go to bed. The other night when Gerard was leaving I flicked it on not realizing that he was still there. After about 5 minutes I heard him. First I yelled at him for scaring me then I realized that he was watching her. His eyes were moist with tears. Did I mention he does not cry much and if you ask him he does not cry at all.

I so can not wait to see him look at her for the first time. He will pick us up from the airport when we come home (at least for today that is the plan). Yes he will drive to JFK a drive he strongly dislikes usually that is AM (his sister's job) but I know he will not want to miss this first meeting. Now when we drive in the car together he looks back at her car seat and says look she will be here soon! When I have felt defeated with the process he has been the one to jump start me.

I hate to say it but I think I love him more now then I ever did.

10 comments:

Deb said...

Yeah adoption does tend to do that to a couple. So sweet to hear him fall in love with this girl he hasn't even met yet.

Melissa said...

It's amazing what this adoption process brings out. All the emotions that no one knew were there. When we saw Colby for the first time, I saw Mike well up with tears. Not a man to show his emotions at all, that was a powerful experience. I can't wait for you to bring her home.
Melissa

Jane and Jim said...

I'm so excited for you!! Crossing my fingers, toes and anything else I can cross to make sure this date sticks!!

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations! I am so excited to hear about your court date! How did I miss that? I am so thrilled to read this news and cannot wait for you to get more details! So very excited for you!

Troy and Rachel said...

So glad you got that date!!!! It will be here before you know it!

Kami said...

I am sooo excited for you about the court date, Joy!! I am still here praying that it will all work out and stay the same. Yea! :)

Nicole Brueck said...

So sweet....what a great man. We are so lucky when we find a good one aren't we!

Anonymous said...

how sweet....she already has him wrapped around her finger. :) i can't wait to hear how the first meeting goes. :)

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

awwwwwww!!!! : )

Amy said...

awwwwww