Sunday, July 26, 2009

Breaking News!

One thing that is constant in Russian adoption is that plans can change in a matter of minutes. One minute I am getting a boy next I am getting a girl. The breaking news is that I have been told that I will be leaving for the region a day early! This is the best news that I have heard all day, week, month and year!

It looks as if I will get the chance to see her twice instead of just once. I am so excited!! I have a few details that I must work out as far as the apartment but I am sure that it will all work out everything does after all.

Life is good. When I heard the news my stomach did a flip flop. I am just hours away from holding her again. Leaving her this time will be even harder I fear then the last time. The only good thing is that this time when I leave her I will already know when I have to return.

When I was switched to this region I was a little upset. Now that everything is working out I could not be happier that I am in this region. The unknown can be a bit scary. I have really had to swallow hard at times during this journey. Now that I see light at the end of the tunnel all is well.

I hope to access to the internet while I am in the region. If for some chance I do not I will once I get back to Moscow.

14 comments:

Dede said...

Great news!!! I can't wait to hear about your reunion with her.

Chickie said...

Yea! You are so close!!! Can't wait to meet little banana!!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Fantastic!!! I couldn't be happier for you. . .I remember finding out we were going to Siberia. . .Pat was less than thrilled. But, it had such unexpectedly great results, we couldn't be happier! You're experience will be similar--it's what God wants! : ) Blessings!

Barb said...

That's such great news! So happy for you!

Laura said...

I truly feel that throughout this adoption process, you just have to have faith that everything happens the way it is supposed to happen, even tho' we may not understand why. How fantastic your day to see little banana moved up!

Great news to start the day off!!

~Laura

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Yahooooo! Wonderful news. Can't wait to hear more!!!

Amy said...

That IS great news. When I saw breaking news - my heart stopped for a second. WHEW! Glad all is not only good - it's great!!!

Carey and Norman said...

So glad you are having a nice time in Russia. I'm sure it is nice being there during the warmer months! I have enjoyed reading about your adventures on the Metro and around Moscow. I cannot wait to hear more about your time in region and your precious little girl!

Troy and Rachel said...

So glad you are there safe and heading out to see your little one extra!!!

Melissa said...

Great news! You'll get to see her soon! We are so excited for you!
Melissa

Amber said...

great news! How exciting

Beth said...

YAH what great news. Can't wait to hear about your visit and to see pictures!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Enjoy your visit.

Kami said...

Woo Hoo!!!! I am so excited for you.. that is a blessing! Have fun and cherish every minute of being with your sweet Little Banana!! :)