Thursday, July 23, 2009

I am loving the way her room turned out!

The past couple of days have been busy. Yes I have finally finished her room. That is one of the things that I have been doing and yes I have pictures that I plan on posting. I love her room. Last minute changes that I decided to make are the ones that I love the best. I was torn as to whether or not I should have any open shelves in her room for toys. I decided that it would be important to have an open shelf that she could reach because that is what she is used to having in her play area.

I was lucky to find a shelf that matches her dresser. I have also found out that I-Kea has also made a new mirror for her dresser. Gerard says 'All little girls need a mirror over their dresser!' So the plan is that we will purchase the mirror and hold onto it until I can remove the changing pad. I had planned on putting a shelf above the dresser high and put Gerard's Tonk@ trucks on it but Gerard again a big fat veto on that decision. They have a small amount of wear on them so that is the reason why he does not want to put them in there.

The bedding was purchased at T@rget. I retro fitted the sheets so that they could fit the bed correctly. I decided in an effort to keep her world small I would only put out a couple of toys. I have more in the attic but I will wait to bring them down. I had purchased the map the e-bay. I love the way it looks hanging there. I have found the town where her baby home is located and now my eyes go to it easily. I hope to be able to show her this frequently when I talk to her about Russia and her heritage.

It is a crazy good feeling to stand in her room and think that in a few short weeks she could be in there just looking and playing with everything. Gerard and I stood in the door way and both finally started to breath again. The past two years have been exciting and wonderful. I just can not imagine how much more fun it will be to have my own daughter.

I have watched so many make this journey and now it is my time to take this walk or flight to Russia. I can remember sitting in my office just waiting for an update to see how everything was going when someone traveled. Waiting for the first picture was always my favorite post almost as good as the post about the child's name. I have to admit I would call Gerard and talk about my fellow bloggers and their gotcha day. When he would come home 'the picture' is the first thing he would have to look at. What would I have done if I could not have had the sneak peak that I had. Now to know that my journey is evoking happy memories for others of there gotcha day gives me chills.

So here is what everyone has waited for the pictures of her room!








Yes the phone is a miniature working phone.

19 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations, Joy -- the room is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Yes, your daughter will be there real soon and every night, you'll go by the room -- look in and just stare in awe. Can't tell you how many tears of happiness I have shed just looking at our angel sleep.

Have a safe trip...and hope to hear from you soon!

~Laura

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Yea!!! I LOVE her room!!! She is going to love it too :)

Great idea just giving her a few toys at first... I wish we had done that with Owen. It would have helped him focus longer on one thing back then!

Also, the mirror above the dresser/changing table is a great idea. I would go ahead and put it there (and I know you will attach it well, Gerard!) so she can see herself during diaper changes and see you in the mirror too as you change her. Just a thought! We have one "glued" into the hutch beside the pad on our changing table :)

I can hardly wait to see your pictures and hear all about your sweet girl when you see her again!!!!

Have a safe and unforgettable trip to bring your daughter home soon!!

Carolynn and Steve said...

Oh, Joy!

What a sweet room! I absolutely love all the special touches. I know that it has taken so long to get here, but it is all going to be worth it!

Now go get that BABY!

kate said...

This does my shabby chic heart good. I love her sweet little bed and the chandelier. ;> Good work, Joy!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

LOVE her room!!! You all did a wonderful job with everything! I know you cannot wait for her to sleep in the bed and play with the toys. It won't be long now! :-)

Melissa said...

Her room is gorgeous. I know she'll love it. I'm not usually a girly-girl but it is perfect. The little doll carrriage is so cute and the bed is adorable.

She'll be here soon, and yes, I also bug Mike about everyone's updates. It is so exciting to hear all the news and watch as everyone takes their journies. I can't wait to see a photo of Little Banana!

Melissa

Scott said...

What a great looking room! We are just starting on fixing up a room and these pictures are a great inspiration.

Nancy said...

awesome room! Have a great trip!

Carey and Norman said...

The room is beautiful! If you recall, we have that same, round pillow on our daughter's bed (we have similar taste). I love it! Can't wait to see her sleeping in it!

ko said...

It looks great! I love it!!! I can't wait to see her playing in it!! Good luck on your trip.

Becky and Keith said...

The room is absolutely perfect!! Just so you know, so many of us are going to be JUST as excited as you were for us on Gotcha Day! I've been following your blog since the beginning and can't wait to "stalk" and refresh your page constantly on your big day waiting for pictures! Thinking abou tyou!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! And I absolutely love the map. . .must get one of those. . .God bless, Joy. Enjoy your time! I can't wait to see your "Gotcha" post with pictures. . .

Nicole Brueck said...

LOVE IT!! Enjoy your court trip and your visit with little banana. Sending safe travel prayers....

Amy said...

beautiful!
safe travels.
and give that little banana great big hugs and kisses!

Bec74 said...

Love her room...so precious and so perfect!! So excited for the 3 of you....been following you for some time and you are in my prayers...

Amy said...

LOVING IT!! Will you redo my room?? I can't wait to hear EVERYTHING about your trip. Thinking about you madly -- all the time!!

The Robins' Nest said...

The rooom has such a sweet, warm feeling. How special too that you were able to find a map with her hometown. It looks beautiful.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Great job! I can't wait to read about your gotcha day. That's one of my most favorite blog posts to read, especially when they have photos!!!

Dede said...

I love the room and all the little touches you have done and I love that map! A beautiful room for your beautiful daughter!