Friday, July 24, 2009

With 5 minutes to spare

Yup almost missed the plane! We got stuck in traffic in NYC. Gerard did not quite believe the GPS with good reason. I am here in Chicago safe and sound. I love the bose headset but forgot it at home. Have no fear Gerard now you have one too!

I barely had time for a quick kiss at the airport. Gerard I love you.

Four nice men let me jump ahead of them one not so nice man did not so there I sat crying. You could tell the men behind me were annoyed with him. Thank goodness it was my arm I broke and not my legs. I ran and got to be the one to shut the door on the plane.

I can not believe I am going I just will not believe it until I see her face. Off to get a drink for the plane. I hope to be boarding in about 45 minutes.

14 comments:

The Gum Gang said...

Congratulations and have a wonderful trip. We were just in the Chicago airport coming home one week ago! Enjoy the movies on the flight to Moscow!

JennStar said...

Glad you made it. Praying for your safety as you travel and that it will not feel like a long flight.

Kami said...

I am soooo excited for you, Joy!!!!! Have fun, be careful and take lots and lots of pictures and videos! I will be saying an extra prayer for you on your court date! :) Yea! :)

Anonymous said...

sooo glad you made it! i hope things go smoothly from here.

Rich and Jolynn said...

Wow, that was close! The headsets they give you are not the best but they do work. Been thinking about you all day and wondering how it was going. Thanks for the update. You are in our Prayers! I hope you can get some sleep.

Candace said...

We are praying you have a safe trip!!!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

GO JOY GO!!! The room is beautiful and I hope your flight is great!!! I am teary eyed typing this....ITS YOUR TURN FINALLY!!! Go get your baby Momma!!!!

XXX

Kristine

Melissa said...

Yeah! You're off! Safe travels and I can't wait for you to come home!
Melissa

Laura said...

Geez...nothing in the adoption process is easy...not even getting to the airport stress-free!

Safe travels and look forward to hearing about your adventures to mamahood.

~Laura

Dede said...

It just wouldn't be a trip to Russia if there wasn't some last minute crisis! ;-) I'm glad everything worked out. Hope you get some rest for your big day.

Melody said...

I am so excited for you to see your baby girl! :) Have a safe trip!

Carolynn and Steve said...

Godspeed, sweetie.
You're in my heart and my prayers!

Go hug that baby!

Barb said...

Yipee! So glad you made it to the plane,despite the mean man! Looking forward to all your posts from Russia!

Becky and Keith said...

Wow... nothing like a dull moment to get your adrenaline going, huh? :-) Glad you made it on the plane!!