Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Almost 8 days to go

The past couple of nights I have stayed up getting things done. Some of what I have been doing is researching airline tickets, answering emails or paying bills. Last night I found myself waiting until after midnight to close done the computer. I am one of those people that likes to see the odometer on my car change from one number to something grand like 20,000 miles. I always think how amazing that I saw this happen. Crazy I know.

But last night I watched as my count down ticker switched from 10 until departure to 9 days and tonight it will inch even closer. I am finding it very hard to contain my excitement. I have so many things to get done and yet I am having a hard time concentrating. I have a few things to do still in her room and a very busy schedule. I had hoped to get more done this past weekend but honestly it was a washout of nerves and fears.

Now that I seem to have that under control I know that I will get everything that I need to get done finished before I leave on Friday (July 24). I have 4 nights off before I leave and if we are not busy at work I am going to volunteer to be on call. Who knows I might get lucky and get an extra night off.

I just can not believe this is happening. I sometimes have to remind myself that soon I will not be able to sleep until noon, which is perfectly acceptable when you work at night. I will have to plan out meals too. Believe it or not these are the things that I am looking forward to doing. My life is changing and I could not be happier. I know that there may be rough patches along the way but I am sure that I will be able to weather the storm so to speak.

I am closing one chapter of my life and opening a new one.

13 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Isn't it all so awesome to speculate about??? I am weird in that I can't wait until Aidan is in Preschool and it is fall. . .all the newness of fall and the possibilities of learning to come! I know, weird. You are in my prayers as you complete this transformation to the beautiful butterfly of a mom!

Melissa said...

We always think that the wait for the court date is so long, but the wait once we get that call, to actually leave, was the hardest of them all. 2 weeks of torture. I am so excited for you.
Melissa

Carey and Norman said...

So excited that you will be leaving soon for Russia. I cannot wait until you are there with little Banana in your arms. I also cannot wait to see pictures!!

Roger and Joanne said...

Joy, Obviously being in Moscow and not having internet full-time until now (we just got into our apartment today), I just saw your comment. I'm SO happy you got your travel date!!! Unfortunately, (well not for us) we are leaving Moscow on the 25th. Sorry we will miss you. I wish our paths could have crossed. Good luck to you on your journey. As I will be home, I will try to follow as often as the kids allow. :-)
Take care!

Suz said...

Joy, I am so excited for you! I hope you'll be able to blog while you're in Russia!

John and Lee said...

Joy, I've been spying on your blog for sometime now. I am so very excited for you and so thankful another little one will find her home. The first time my little one said "I want to go home" it almost made me cry. I said "Honey, I'm so glad you have a home to go to". You are a wonderful person for waiting and marching forward. I know this has been so difficult. God Bless you, safe travels, and I can't wait to see a picture of this little lady.
Fellow blogger, adoptive mom, and nurse - Lee

Carolynn and Steve said...

Yay Yay Yay!
So glad to know that I'm not the only one who like to watch the milestone turn-overs on her odometer!
I'm so glad for you that it's getting so close--hang in there, kiddo--it has been a long wait, but it will be SO worth it!

Nicole Brueck said...

Just 8 more days until your journey to Russia!! I can't wait to follow along. Big hugs as this next step begins!!

Amy said...

It's getting exciting!!! I can't wait to read about the next few chapters of your life. And I can't wait to see pictures of Little Banana. Enjoy these last few days. Your life is going to so change for the better!

Jill and Cliff said...

I am so excited for you and it is just around the corner. You will be in Russia picking up your sweet little one. I pray all goes well with everything. God has a plan and is wanting us to trust in him. Life will never be the same and that is exciting. Can't wait to see her precious face.

Dede said...

We are so excited and counting down the days with you. You will be blogging while your gone right?

Polly said...

Hi Joy

Really excited for you, its very soon now! As I'm not familliar with the adoption process, I just wondered now long it would be after this trip before you are able to bring Little Banana home?

Anonymous said...

Joy- You don't know me but I've been following your blog. I am so happy for you. I hope all goes well in court. We are also waiting right now for a little girl. Waiting is always so hard. I will pray for you.

Amy