Saturday, July 25, 2009

Can not sleep thinking about court questions

Nope can't sleep. When I was dozing and just about asleep. Someone from home called me to play a prank. Not cool guys! Do you think I don't have caller ID? I'm in Russia not on the moon. I do not want to have to shut off my phone. So since then I am awake just thinking.

Dede and Becky you guys are probably right about the market when I asked the driver to take me there he told me it was closed. I just figured he did not know what I was talking about. Oh well.

I have been thinking a lot about the questions that I may be asked in court. One of the hardest questions I think will be:

How do you intend to teach her about her Russian culture?

To some degree this has me stumped not because I want to say what they want to here but because I want to do what I say. My Father was born in Denmark and moved to Canada first then the U.S. which makes me a first generation American to some degree. I know that my Father always had a desire to return to Denmark. He did not speak the language but and only a few small traditions survived. To be quite honest I can not honestly think of one except we decorate our Christmas tree with Danish flags and other paper ornaments.

My sister and I went to Denmark a couple of years ago to visit with family. They all spoke both Danish and English so it made our trip very nice. My Great Aunt has since died and I do feel a loss of the connection from his side of the family. How can I make this different for her? I know there may not be any true resolution to this problem or maybe there is and I am just not seeing it.

Well I am off to try and sleep some more before the sun comes up.

5 comments:

Dana Doctor said...

Thinking of you Joy! Best of Luck.

chrissy said...

Good luck! It's cake from here! I can't wait til you post you are done! So happy for you!

Rich and Jolynn said...

The Judge specifically asked us if we would be reading Russian fairy tales to Jacob. We said yes, that we had bought a book of six Pushkin tales and other books in the language. The Pushkin Fairy Tales book has beautiful illustrations if you see it about, it is worth a buy. The cover is mostly black. You probably already have it. Also they asked if I cook and if I will make traditional Russian meals and soups?

We went to the Moscow flea market that is only open on the weekends. I think our driver had to go out past SVO airport to get there. It was a fun place to visit and buy gifts for family and friends.

Praying for you to have a fantastic reunion with little banana and an easy court hearing!

Laura said...

So glad to hear you made it safe and sound. Enjoy every second and know many of us are thinking about you on the other side of the world!

~Laura

P.S. Are you staying in a Peace Travel apt?

FongFamilyAdoption said...

That's the same question the bothers me...thanks for the post and adding us to your bloglist. Praying for you!