Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Beach Safety

I know I have been missing for the past couple of days. I have a good reason. My sister and her boys came out to visit. She volunteered to sew denim purses from recycled jeans for the fall festival at her son's school. The only problem is that she does not sew. I gave her a little bit of a crash course but I also understand that probably some of my summer will be dedicated to helping her to get these done.

I finished 4 purses, 3 aprons a couple of bracelets. I do have pictures but I can not remember where I put the cord for my camera. Yes, because the sewing has made my house a mess. I am very messy when I sew. I get so caught up in what I am doing there are miscellaneous threads and pieces of fabric all over. So I will post some pictures as soon as I clear things out a bit.




Which brings me to the title of this post. Beach safety is very important. Honestly I love the Jersey shore but the waves are a little rough. My nephews are 18 months and 6 years old. We took the to the beach the other day when it was nice. The first beach day of the year warm, sunny with a couple of big white clouds. The water was actually pretty warm too. So we went down to the water. I was holding Sloan (the baby) because that is easier then trying to save Aristotle if he gets knocked down because of my arm. I'm still not 100% about 98% but I am a safety girl so Jackie to charge of watching him.

Mind you we both were never farther then about 2 feet away from him. So we were talking and jumping ankle deep waves. Okay they were about 2-3 inches high when they got to us. Jackie was pointing out shells and picking them up. She save one from each beach day and writes the names of who when and the date on them. Which I think it pretty cute.

So with that my nephew looks at both of us stood there in amazement when he turned to us and said:

Aristotle: "I think you should be more concerned about making sure I don't drown then picking up shells!"

Okay that made me laugh because if we were any closer we all would have been wearing the same bathing suit!

4 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Love it! Aidan, on the other hand, always makes a beeline for the waves and laughs as he is going under! Kids are so cute at the ocean. . .

Liane said...

Gotta love what comes out of the little ones....unfortunatly for us it is usually the truth :)

I too am a Jersey Girl !! Point Pleasant or LBI are our beaches.....YES the water can be very rough for me let alone my little ones. Last summer ankle deep was a far was they got....water was WAY to rough !!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

That Aristotle always makes me laugh! He is too cute :) Silly grownups picking up shells while he could be drowning a step away in 2 inches of waves!

We are taking Owen to the Gulf coast this weekend :)

Carey and Norman said...

Gotta love little ones. Too cute.

So sorry to hear about Dottie. I love my little children in fur coats and mine were my only children for many years, so I understand your sadness and heartache. Sweet, sweet Dottie. Love her!

Praying for the call....are you sure your phone is working?