Monday, July 27, 2009

Back in Cheboksary

I have arrived in Cheboksary and I am all settled in with my host family. The apartment is very quiet this time because the children are at their grandparents and the other grandmother is on vacation. The food is still good. I have to say one thing that I envy is that most of the food that I ate tonight was from her garden. I had stuffed tomatoes with potatoes, squash and an herb salad. I would love to make this at home but I fear I would be the only one eating it.

One treat tonight at dinner was fresh blackberries and tea cookies. They were full of favor. I hope that Little banana likes many of these things when she is older.

The medical exam is now completed and I have the document in my hand for court. I think it is very interesting to see other types of healthcare systems at work. From what I could tell each patient's chart was a small booklet that you pick up for your visit then return when you are done. It appears that the same booklet is used with each visit. I got a very small booklet because I was to be seen only once. Lori do not worry I will tell you all about it in an email.

Have I mentioned that it is hot here. Like really hot. Like I think I am melting hot. I usually do not feel hot but this is a sticky hot. I can only imagine how it will be at the baby home tomorrow because it is located about 4 hours south of where I am staying one way. Tomorrow I will be able to tell first hand. Yup I do get to see her twice.

Tomorrow I will go on an offical visit to see Anna with the translator then the next day I will see her but I will not have a translator just a driver. Then it is court! I am told that the judge is a very fair judge which is good. Friday I have errands to run if I get a positive court ruling.

I have been told tonight that it could take as long as 1 month after the 10 wait is over to pick her up because her passport may not be completed. Sigh. My agency is doing their best to speed things along for me but I just want everyone to be prepared that I may not be returning to Cheboksary for another 6 weeks. I am going to pray that this is not the case but if it is then I will deal with that part of the journey then lets not put the cart before the horse.

I was told to make sure I take pictures of us together tomorrow. It seems like a silly thing but I will need them for court and being here alone it can be more of a challenge to get into the picture. Otherwise I think I will sleep good tonight. I may not post until after court because between the drive and the time change I may be too tired but I will try.

***Will someone tell Gerard to look at the emails tonight***

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Ugh! I had heard that they might change the process for the passport but another month is crazy. I hope that it gets done much sooner than that. Have a great visit tomorrow! Can't wait to see the photos.
Melissa

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you are back in Cheboksary. Sorry to hear about the weather. I know how hot everything was in winter, so I cannot imagine dealing with hot when you can't find relief. I will pray that all goes well in court!!

Rich and Jolynn said...

So glad you are there. Drink a lot of water if you can. I do not understand why they would need this fancy passport for a small child? They should make allowances so that little banana can be with her family as soon as possible. What if you asked the Judge after you get the OK if she can assist you in expediting this on the child's behalf. Praying for a fantastic reunion and successful court hearing.

Amber said...

I hope they get her passport and have a speedy delivery:) Good luck with court and the travel

Beth said...

Yah you are back in Cheboksary. I can not believe it is so hot in Russia. I think they are having a hotter summer then we are having here in New England. Have a great time visiting your daughter, I am sure your translater will take pictures for you. When I traveled by myself in April my translater took lots of pictures for me with my son. Good luck in court and I hope you only have to wait 10 days to go pick up your daughter!!

Kami said...

I am so jealous that you get to stay with a Russian family and eat authentic homemade food! Maybe you can get some more good recipes and make her a cookbook for her to have when she gets older! :) I am sorry to hear about the passport thing. Why did they change that to a month for processing it? We had ours within two days of being in the region. It will all work out though.. Have a great visit with her and I will be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you are there! enjoy your time.

AM said...

HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL FOR YOU. GIVE ANNA A HUG FOR ME.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

That's how they started doing passports in Vladimir as well only you have to make a trip to apply for it in person...I hope this will not be the case for you. I am going to pray that this will all happen much more quickly. Praying for court as well and for a calm and peace about everything. So happy you are back and that this is moving forward.

XXX

Kristine

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Oh Joy, I hope and pray that you don't have to wait that long before bringing sweet Anna Banana home :)

I can't wait to hear about your reunion with Anna! Have your guide or interpreter take pictures for you!!

ana said...

Praying that court will go smoothly and for the Lord to take care of Anna until you can bring her home (hopefully very soon!)

Amy said...

Glad you are healthy and on the way. Can't wait until you are reunited.