Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tickets Purchased!

I have taken the plunge! I purchased my airline tickets. This time I will fly out of New York City connect in Chicago then to Moscow. I will be doing the reverse on the return flight. Gerard called this morning and was a bit nervous that I had not already booked the tickets. When I told him that I was booking a flight that was not non-stop he was a bit upset but then I explained that I will be saving about 400 dollars, yes the flight is a bit longer but not by that much only 4 hours. There is that word only again.

He told me ONLY a direct flight when I bring her home. She needs to be home and able to walk around not on a plane flying here there and everywhere to save a couple of hundred dollars. I was planning on booking the direct flight for the 3rd trip but we will let him believe that this was his idea!

Details:
I leave LGA (New York City) on August 24 to ORD (Chicago) then depart Chicago later that day for Moscow to arrive in Moscow on July 25. I will fly to the region on the 27th or the 28th. Then it is back to Moscow for 1 night and homeward bound on August 1st.

Trip 3 details have not revealed themselves to me as of yet so I am still waiting to make the flight plans.

I looked into an apartment and think I have that squared away for this trip too. Two major things off my list!!!

12 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

She'll probably sleep a lot on the return flight. . .Aidan slept 8 of the 11 hours from Moscow to Atlanta and then the remaining 1 1/2 from Atlanta to Dulles! Awesome! I am keeping you in my hourly prayers as you make your final preparations to go. God Bless!

Rich and Jolynn said...

I am so excited! This trip is going to happen in no time. Will you be able to blog while you are there. Yeah!

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

"I leave LGA (New York City) on August 24 to ORD (Chicago) then depart Chicago later that day for Moscow to arrive in Moscow on July 25."
So I see your doing some time travel too! lol! I'm so excited for you!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad to see that things are heading in the right direction. I am so excited for you. A little curious that you are heading West before going East but if it works!

Many people do get a straight flight but we went with Lufthansa and had a quick layover in Frankfurt. About an hour. It was enough for Colby to get up and walk around and for us to expend a little cramped energy. I'm glad we had it. Just my two cents worth.
Melissa

Nicole Brueck said...

Glad the tickets are bought!!
The flight from Chicago isn't bad at all, we all did fine.
I am going to possibly be in your neck of the woods (NJ) mid August!!

Scott said...

Nice! Booking that flight must feel real good. :)

Shelly and Steve said...

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!! Your court must be scheduled right about the time we'll be wrapping up trip#1 :-) I just truly feel its going to go great for us both! Hugs!!

Laura said...

Yeah --- the booking of tickets is another step in bringing you closer to your little one!

I'm in the camp to vote for a direct flight home when you have your little one. We flew 14 hours direct (Moscow - LAX) and since she slept over 6 hours, I'm so glad we didn't have to awaken her, deplane, wait, and then replane for it all to start all over again.

Congrats -- it will be a fast week and 1/2!!

~Laura

Amy said...

Ok wish I could say T slept on the plane. She was in stimulus overload! Each kid is different LOL...

ORD is not a bad place to have to land with the kidlet or for you. Customs moves really quick.

Tick tock the time is coming!!

Troy and Rachel said...

Daniel didn't sleep hardly a wink and then we chased him around for a 6 hour layover on the way home. If you can get the direct flight on the 3rd trip def. do it!

So glad things are moving in the right direction!

Dede said...

I agree with Rachel...if a direct flight is an option, take it! Liam didn't sleep either on the first leg of the trip from Moscow to Atlanta.

Anonymous said...

just got caught up on your blog. :)) glad your tix are bought!