Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Look what I bought!

To me is sounds crazy that I may leave Little Banana in the car in the hot sun by accident. I know that this is a big issue for the powers that be in Russia. Honestly I do not blame them in one respect because child have died in car seats because of this very reason.

I have thought about how I am going to handle this question if I am asked in court and I have come up with my answer. First of all I will be the only one driving her places. Why would she be with anyone else? I know that everyone's situation is different and I am not being judgemental but I want to be with her if not always then 99% of the time. Gerard has a truck that he uses for work and putting a car seat in there would be a pain. So the plan is she will always be in my car or as Gerard puts it Little Banana's car. Oh how I have fallen from my pedestal.

So I had heard that there is an alarm that will sound if a sensor that attaches to the keys is more then 15 feet away from the car seat. If is called a Child 'Minder Toddler Smart Pad Safety Seat Monitoring System.

Is it pricey you ask???
Yup! But now I have an answer to that question. I do not have to waiver or explain myself just the device and the guarantee that I will use it.

4 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

That's a great idea. . .and as a backup, do what I do: I put Aidan's backpack (our version of a diaper bag) up front with my purse. So, when I get whereever I'm going, his backpack is there as a reminder that I have not dropped him off somewhere and, if I have forgotten to drop him at Daycare, I have to get back in the car and go! Some people also leave a doll or teddy bear in the carseat and move that to be with their purse/brief case/lunch bag/etc. when the child is in the car and then put the doll or teddy bear back in the car seat when the child is out. I like my backpack idea better. . .seems more fail safe. Also, talk to the child all the time and keep child DVD's in the car to play when the child is with you. . .Good luck with that question. . .hopefully they know that those of us close to a particular situation ache over that child and the whole situation! I'll keep you in my prayers always. . .

Mary said...

Older kids are more chatty too. So don't be too afraid. Another suggestion (just to help answer the question) would be the opposite of the previous post. If you always put your purse, bags, etc in the backseat on the floor, you always have to open that back door to get them. Peek-a-boo... I see you.
Thanks for sharing. So many details and I appreciate your honesty.
:o)

Carey and Norman said...

Wow, I didn't know they made those. That would be a hard question to answer. We were asked about the boy whose ear was cut due to him not following the same religion as his adopted parents. We got asked many religion/church questions. Glad you are already preparing for court!

Laura said...

We were asked this question in court back in April ("How could this happen?).

I simply responded honestly, "I can not answer for the father as I can't understand how something so unfortunate could happen. But we are here today to tell you that we are here to take care of Kristina to the best of our ability and give her the love and care she is so deserving of."

That was enough for them to hear as our little monkey is climbing all over me now as I type!!!

Congrats...you're getting close!!!

~Laura