Monday, July 20, 2009

My apartment is booked

The last time I was in Moscow I felt very uncomfortable in the hotel. I know that sounds kind of crazy but I felt trapped. I did not have Internet and therefore no real entertainment. I was only in Moscow a few hours but I still did not like the feeling of the hotel. Was it safe? Yes! So on my way back to Moscow after visiting the region I had told the coordinator that I wanted an apartment.

This trip I plan to stay in an apartment for all my time in Moscow which will be a couple of days. Last night I got everything finalized and now have my apartment all booked up. That is a big relief. There is a computer in the apartment so I do not have to take my lap top but I am still not sure. How will I upload pictures for everyone to see? I am really not that computer literate. I am sure there is a way. If you know the way please email me or comment.

I love pictures! Here is one that I took of Dottie yesterday.



Joy

9 comments:

Rob said...

Hey Joy, where's the apartment located? We might be able to recommend some nearby places for groceries, meals, and a little souvenir shopping.

So exciting - I'm vicariously re-living our Moscow experiences all over through your journey. It wasn't exactly what I'd call "fun" - Moscow's not at all a touristy place, y'know, but still, I get very nostalgic about our 3 weeks there. I wouldn't trade those days for anything in the world.

I just wish we had been a bit more adept at using the Metro. We never felt unsafe, but the subway was a confusing jumble of tunnels, endless stairs, and color-coded signs that seem totally contradictory to the maps. Now granted, subways are quite a foreign thing for dusty, big-sky West Texans anyway, but we didn't have anywhere near as much trouble with the London Underground.

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

will the computer be setup in English or Russian? maybe bring your laptop in case.

Amy said...

GREAT picture of Dottie!!

I'll email you...

Carolynn and Steve said...

Yay for one more thing that's DONE! I'm SO excited for you!

Amber said...

yeah for the apartment to be booked! Thanks again for your email:)

Dede said...

What is your question about uploading photos? How to get it from your camera onto the computer or from the computer to Blogger? Do you know any details about the computer at the apartment? If it has a USB port, you should be able to easily transfer the photos from your camera. Email me and I will try to help you out with specifics.

Carey and Norman said...

Getting super excited....it won't be long now!

We stayed in a hotel, so unfortunately we do not have any advice.

Praying for you!

Laura said...

Did you book the apt. through Peace Travel? If so, Dmitry will send someone over to assist you stat -- that's what happened to us in Moscow. LOVED the apt -- close to US Embassy, Red Square, -- just about everything. The comforts of home in a foreign land.

Tick, tock -- you're almost on your way!!!

~Laura

reading said...

no matter . . . this can happen anytime , it's just & also that remind you to purchase new one from . .
Barcelona Apartments