Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Getting things done

The last 2 days I have spent getting as much done as I could. I have been very lucky because work has been a bit slow therefore I was able to be put on call the past 2 nights. The sleep felt good. Tonight I do have to work so I will be off shortly to get ready for work.

The hunt for money was harder this time then it was the last time. The last time I just ordered the new money and it was no problem this time I was told that they can not order the money so I have driven around to a couple of local banks to get the bills that I needed. So that is one big thing off my list.

As far as the baby home donations were concerned I wanted to make a donation of shoes. I know that leather is what others have said the baby homes prefer so that is what I set out to find. At P@yless the have a line of leather children's shoes. I purchased a total of 15 pairs for the baby home. I was able to get all different sizes too. I hope that they are easy to pack. I will have to do some creative packing I fear in order to get everything in my bag. I really only want to take one bag but again I think I will have to take 2.

Things that still remain on my 'To Do List' are: Finish her room. Stop laughing I will get it done. It is really just the finishing touches. I do not know why I am obsessing so much about what I want in her room. One cool thing that I did buy a couple of months ago was an antique map of Russia. I framed it this weekend and now I just have to hang it. The cross is hung over her bed and it is the same cross that hung over her Great Grand Mother's bed who she is named after. I love that her name so much.

My Visa is not back yet. I plan on calling tomorrow to see if they mailed it yet. I may decide to go pick it up. It would be an all day trip in the car but then there is no chance of it getting lost. Things like the visa are the thing that make me crazy with worry.

Thanks to Dede and Rob I think I know what I need to get so that I can upload pictures without saving them to a public computer. Plus I also need a converter for the re-chargeable batteries things. I also need the international charger for my Bose head set (best purchase I have made).

I need a hair cut and dye job yes my lovely locks are from a box. I am also thinking a pedicure would be nice. Oh did I mention I have not decided on an outfit yet. I guess I will need stocking too. Many I hate to wear stocking.

I am so excited, I know that you all think I am a bit silly but just thinking about the next week makes me smile. So there you have it I am crazy busy and loving it. There are so many things I want to say but just do not have the time.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

So many little details to think of. Mike thought I was crazy btu I had Excel checklists everywhere. Ugh! I am so excited for you. Keep a look out in the mail...a surprise might be on its way!
Melissa

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Oh I hate stockings too, so I wore a nice pants suit. The other mom with us on our court trip did the same. We don't need no stinkin' stockings!!!

Hope the VISA arrives without you having to go retrieve it. That part worried me sick too.

Blessings! Kim

Kami said...

I am so excited for you,Joy! You are almost there! Yea!!!! I'm keeping you in my prayers!

Nicole Brueck said...

It's not silly to get excited just thinking about it. You have waited so long to get to this point. ENJOY all that goes with it. It is the adoptive parents version of nesting.

Amy said...

2 more days and then BLAST OFF!!!
Enjoy this time and "try" to get everything done, but if your don't oh well.
Hope you got your visa. :-)

Dede said...

Glad we could help you out with the photo uploads. We are so excited for you! Why has the Bose headset been the best purchase? Do they work well on the plane? Do they work with your iPod?

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

You are NOT silly!! I am totally excited for you!! I can't wait for you to get there, get your banana, and then come home again!! Don't worry too much about the little things. It will all work out. You're in my prayers, as always.

God Bless!
Stacy

Barb said...

Uhmmm . .. why do you guys have to have new money when you travel to Russia?

Amber said...

how exciting your time is coming soon! Hope your visa arrives soon