Saturday, January 3, 2009

He's a Busy Man

Have you noticed that the Saturday moring cartoons are different? This morning Gerard was looking for Saturday morning cartoons and the only thing that he found was Bob the Builder. So we watched for about 10 minutes and that is when I realized that this cartoon is like HGTV for kids. That is when I started to tease him because he hates that channel. But honestly he is always looking for a project.

So today was the first day this year that Gerard has gone under the house. Yes you heard me right. I never realized how often he is under the house until my friend Geralyn today me that she nor her husband had ever been under their house and they have lived there for almost 20 years. I would say he goes under the house at least 6 times a year.

In his defence he is an electrician and he installed a few outlets, our hot tub, and extra ceiling lights throughout our house. Then we had other issues with some standing water that he also fixed. Today I wanted a light in my pantry so that was the reason why once again I have shoved him under the house. Oh did I mention that he has waited until the ground is frozen to put in the outdoor lighting?

I guess we all have different ways of dealing with stress. Now he is busy looking for another house for us to fix up. What scares me is that he may find one that will take up quite a bit of my extra time. I think it would kill him if all the projects were done.

8 comments:

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

If you run out of things for Uncle G to do send him over here! I need my kitchen cabinets, floor, countertops, repaint top of living room walls, I wouldn't mind an extra light switch near my bed, an extra bathroom... oh geeze never mind I think I just need to move to another house and start from scratch!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

And we have a lot of painting that needs to be done! : ) Seriously, projects help keep your hands, and your mind, occupied. Great things for people in the wait. . .Why do you think we finished our basement during our wait??? ; 0

Carey and Norman said...

I think being home more gets the wheels turning and your mind thinking. I find that I clean out closets, clean, or work around the house when I've been off work for a few days. I guess it keeps me busy during nap times.

Glad you are doing well and staying busy!

Anonymous said...

interesting....going under a house. obviously houses are built differently where you live. we couldn't get under our house even if we wanted to! glad he is willing to go under there though.

Kim said...

Hi, I just found your blog, our paperwork is in translation. We had two little boys and cartoons on Saturday morning are ridiculous! No more animation, its all that Pixar stuff. :) When I turn on the Cartoon Network the boys think I am nuts.

Kim
www.prudhomme-family.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Gerard sounds a lot like Mike. We can't go under our house but he certainly finds ways to putter around and "fix" things in it. Now he is staining and urethaning the dresser and top bookshelf that he made for Colby's room. He and his dad are also remodeling his parents' kitchen. Luckily he and his dad are remodelers and he can always find something to keep him busy. I am painting a bookshelf that my dad built for me as a little girl. Now it is blue and yellow. What can we do next? Staying busy certainly helps with this waiting.

findingourdaughter said...

OMgosh, my DH must be his twin....has been off work since Christmas Eve and is itching to do something "home improvement". Thankfully I put up enough resistance and won this time. Last Christmas time he did the entertainment built in, then repainted the entire interior of our house, then did the wood flooring. He wanted to screen the patio this weekend, but I am so done with house projects for awhile. And yes, it is his way of dealing with stress and the wait....keeps his mind busy with other things.
Hugs,
Angie

Kevin T. said...

We have some projects here too if Gerard runs out of things to do!! Lots of them!! Doing projects is definitely like therapy during the wait!