Sunday, January 11, 2009

Packing for Detroit Check List

So tonight I have finally finished my homework that is due on Monday. Now that the homework is all submitted I can think about getting ready for my trip to Detroit. The call off gods smiled down on me tonight and I was so lucky to be put on-call until 1 am. Yeah for me.

So I started to think about the things that I will take with me on my trip for the agency meeting. Since I am only staying one night there really is not that much that I need to pack. I gathered it all together and started to look for my carry on suit case.

That is where things have gotten a little tricky. I have no idea where it is!! I must have lent it out to some one and I have not gotten it back. I have plenty of large suitcases but no carry on ones. Note to self must buy a carry on suit case. In all honesty I probably never actually owned the one that I had I am sure that I borrowed it from some one in the family and they just wanted it back because other people actually go on vacation. Unlike me.

On a nursing funnier note have I ever told you that Gerard gets kidney stones on a regular basis. Probably not. Now I completely understand that they are EXTREMELY painful and I would not wish them on anyone but I am starting to see a pattern. He only ever gets one when I am going somewhere or at another equally in opportune time.

As a nurse I am a bit of a freak when one of my family members is sick or in need of medical care. I am usually right in the thick of it not because I want to be but because I am usually dragged in for one reason or another.

So tonight as I am in the attic looking for anything to put my stuff in I hear him yell for me. Oh yes you are right he passed another yet kidney stone!! Lets hope that this is the last one for a while.

Signing off until I am in Detroit!! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Joy...I've been lurking and keeping up on your blog but decided to come out of the shadows to wish you a very productive trip to Detroit. We're waiting to hear from our agency...to redo p/w, get the call for Trip #2, anything...but everything was quiet during the holidays.

Looking forward to reading a post from you SOON that says "We have a referral!!"

All the best,
Laura

Dede said...

Good luck and positive thoughts going your way!

findingourdaughter said...

I hope you get the news you so want and deserve, but if not--keep your mind and eyes wide open...it will become clear.
Safe travels and God bless,
Angie

webchrissy said...

Good luck, we are meeting with our agency as well on January 24th. Keep us posted!

Daberath said...

Good luck :)

Melissa said...

I sure hope you will get some good news at your meeting. I wanted to let you know we did get our update and our little boy is growing fast. Hopefully our court date will be set this week. Yeah!
Melissa