Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Russian Program Update

Over the past couple of days I have received a number of emails from my agency. In my opinion 2 of these emails are what I would consider good news. I think that whom ever wrote the initial letter that has upset so many of us honestly did not read the letter from the waiting adoptive parents point of view. I have been assured that the agency is not closing! I am still a bit cautious so I will institute a wait and see attitude.

The first email I have have received was the statistics of how many children have been placed by my agency. You all know how much I love the facts and numbers. So here they are:

Girls under 2 - 9
Boys under 2 - 13

Girls over 2 - 11
Boys over 2 - 12

Boy+boy, girl+girl - 2
Boy+girl - 6

Cases completed - 53
Children adopted - 63

This is good news to me. I think one of the hardest things for me has been I have only connected with a small number of adoptive parents who are using or have used my agency.

The second email was a request to be a part of a Referral Conference Call meeting for the 13th. So instantly I started to think could this mean that I am close to a referral?? Well to my understanding many of the waiting families have also gotten this email who have not waited quite as long as I have waited.

I emailed my coordinator and I have downloaded the packet for the Referral Conference Call but I am not quite sure that I will be able to make this conference call because I will be traveling home that day. One good thing that I can say about the packet of information is that I feel it is very informative and easy to read. The agency included a large glossary of Russian medical terms and how these terms translate to the American medical system.

So I am still in a bit of a holding pattern until next week.

14 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Well, this does certainly sound a bit more promising! I'll be keeping you in my prayers as you continue to wait to hear. Remember when it seemed like nothing was happening for me and then, boom! It will be the same for you. . .

Carey and Norman said...

I agree that this sounds promising after your other communications. Praying that all your questions are answered soon so you'll know which direction to go to meet your little one!!

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! i loved it when i would get any piece of information! hang in there...it sounds promising.

Kim said...

Being a new reader I am not sure of your wait times but this sounds like good news! What agency are you with? Hoping you hear great news soon!

Kim
www.prudhomme-family.blogspot.com

Rich and Jolynn said...

I too like to see details and statistics. It was a great e-mail to receive from the agency, I am so happy for those families that have their children home. You said it right when you talked about a holding pattern. These recent messages from AAI have been appreciated, much more then the letter.

Daberath said...

I like to look at the stats too! I hope everything works out for you and you get all the answers you desire next week! Wishing you the best of luck and sending prayers your way!

Melissa said...

Well, it sounds like the email were good anyway. I love to see numbers as well. I think in numbers a lot so seeing them are hepful. Did the agency provide any statistics for last year? I'd love to compare them.

We also had a "referral" call. Every waiting couple was invited so the agency could keep us up to speed with any new information. So we will wait... and wait. It will be our turn soon.

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
This sounds very promising!! I am so glad adoptions are moving along for your agency and that they are not at all closing! I am praying for that amazing news for you really soon!
All the best...Teresa

Our Family said...

Hi Joy,
I have been sending you well wishes and happy thoughts after reading your previous uncertain posts. I am glad that you received some promising news, and I hope that your referral is coming soon!
Adrian

Keith and Jennifer said...

Joy,
My husband and I are also using AAI. We have not been waiting nearly as long as you (dossier went over 1st week in September). We were told not to expect a referral untill the Fall. I understand your frustration because you were told a completly different time line. We will also be attending the Farmington Hills meeting but at 8:00. We are not nearly as good at blogging as you but if want to check out our blog it is alexandrafaithkneiding.blogspot.com
I think the letter was poorly written but I think that every agency is hurting. I am trying to stay positive!!! If you ever need anyone to talk to please do not hesitate!! My e-mail is jen_keith9@hotmail.com.
Wishing you the Best!!!!
Jen

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Yea for positive news! I just had a feeling about this that things would keep moving, even if not as fast as we'd like. I pray the call leads straight to your referral and very soon!!!!

Unknown said...

The waiting is the WORST. My family was taking up a colletion to send me to Russia just to get me away from them. But it does end and you will forget (mostly) At least enough to do it again. I did.

I've just found your blog and have enjoyed it very much!

Thanks,
Julie

My blog: AdoptionOptionStories.blogspot.com

PattiL said...

Did they tell you how many families are still waiting? were are u in this line?

Nicole Brueck said...

Glad to hear things are moving for your agency in Russia.
I talked to our agency and they are still processing applications and people are still bringing home their children.
Thinking about you as you get ready to head to Michigan for your meeting.........