Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Need a Good Dose of What Not to Wear


Trenton Court House (Not where I had to go for the Apostille but next door)

And the race is on. I really don't think that I will be able to get all the documents to the agency by Tuesday. In New Jersey the fast that I can have something apostilled is 8 hours or next day service. I can however have them send it directly to the adoption agency via over night mail. So that is the plan. Am I carzy or does it take longer then you would think to fill out the paperwork, get it notorized and apostilled. I can hammer out 5-6 complete nursing notes much faster then it took me to proof read these papers. Glad that is done!

The drive out to Trenton was snowy. Not too snowy just flakes coming down. That is the type of snow that I like. However, it was really cold in Trenton. I thought my ear lobes were going to fall off that is how cold it was. Note to self I need earmuffs.

Today I had my first offical freak out about getting a girl. On the way home from Trenton I took a detour past Kohls to find a snowsuit. Now in my mind I know that she can wear the red and blue one but in heart I want her to be in pink. So I found the cutes one that they had and bought it plus a few other things that I could not resist.

Which brings me to my panic. Who will be dressing her?? Who will be picking out her clothes?? You have to understand I need a good dose of 'What Not To Wear' My uniform is a plain tee-shirt and jeans that is it. To be quite honest I think I have been wearing high waters lately too!! Why hasn't anyone told me. I saw myself in the mirror and there were my token white socks and brown shoes with high water pants.

Spring Jacket


Snowsuit


Fashion Plate Mother

17 comments:

Our Family said...

Hi Joy,
Your jacket and snowsuit picks are perfect! I had a similar "freak out" moment when I realized we were matched with a girl as well. I looked at my husband and said, "I can't even braid hair!"

But, it does all come together!
Enjoy the retail therapy detours from all of your paperwork!
Adrian

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

A girl sounds like so much fun! Clothes, hair, make-up, little kitchen sets!!
If I end up with a boy, I will definately be geting my girl fix with my little cousin.

Anonymous said...

You won't have to worry about shopping for your little girl, (your little girl!! How incredible does that sound?!). You know all your friends from work can't wait to shop, I've been looking already. You will have all the help you need, maybe more. I'm so happy for you and Gerard!!!

Melissa said...

Oh, shopping for little girls is so much more fun than for little boys. I'd love to shop for a little girl. Perhaps next time. For now, just my sweet little boy!
Melissa

MBKimmy said...

Love the clothes! I have to read down - when do you think she will come home?! How old is she?! I am praying for you all!

ana said...

very cute snowsuit!!!

Kathy C said...

Joy,
Congratulations! I just heard today at work. I am so happy for you. When I was pregnant I was sure it was a boy (I really wanted a boy), but I can't imagine my life without Amelia. The clothes are way better. Plus when she starts driving you crazy in a few years, you can just keep telling yourself She'll take care of me when I am old, she'll take care of me when I am old.
The pictures of the clothes are beautiful, but where are the pictures of the BABY?
I couldn't be happier for the three of you. You are going to make a great mom.
Kathy C

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
That is such an adorable snowsuit!
You will have no trouble dressing a girl! - I am noticing there are the most adorable clothes for girls in all the stores - She will be so much fun to dress-up! I am just so excited for you!!!!
Best wishes with all the preparations!! Teresa

Nicole Brueck said...

Cute girl clothes!!
Dress in layers for sure while you are in Russia. Outside it will be bone chilling cold and inside it is 90 balmy degrees!!

They will have your daughter dressed so warmly that she will have the rosiest cheeks you ever did see.

Wishes for speedy travel dates!

PS...to dress a girl you really can't go wrong with Gymboree...everything is too cute and most of it matches. :P

Anonymous said...

i love the snow suit!

Kim said...

What a cute snowsuit! You did great. Don't worry, there are so many cute things out there for girls it is hard to mess up!

Kim

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Shopping for girls is so much fun! Our boys live in sweat pants and t-shirts. Who knew all the components of dressing a girl? No doubt I could use Stacey and Clint's advice when it comes to coordinating outfits with tights, bows, matching shoes, etc. But I LOVE it! And I have a feeling you will too ;0)

Laura said...

I love "little man" clothes but now that everyone knows we're waiting for a little girl, the clothes are coming out of the woodwork! K's closet is getting full and she's not even here yet!

Things happen for a reason and your little girl was just waiting for you...you just didn't know it yet!

Enjoy the excitement!

~Laura

Diane & John said...

Joy,
I am so happy for you! I know what it feels like to wait and to muddle along until finally you get your referral and travel to get your child! You will be an awesome mom and hope we can have our children meet and be friends! Congratulations to many more special moments!
Diane, John & Kyle

DavitaJo said...

Joy -

I have been following your blog for a while. I think I came across your blog through Adrienne's...but It's been so long I don't even remember. I'm so excited for you!!! I'm quite sure that little girl will be just as beautiful as you are!

Can't wait to hear about the travel dates!!!

Davita (in Alaska)

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Joy, you crack me up. Thank you for the smile :) I LOVE the jacket and snow suit!!!! Come on down to my house and let's go shopping for YOU!!

Oh I can't wait to hear you're on your way to meet your daughter!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to buy her something too... and of course to see her wearing all these cute clothes!

Els Van Hierden said...

Hi Joy,

I've adopted from Russia two and a half years ago. I know what you are going through: the medicals, the picture of your baby, no waivering of the ten day waiting period. Adoption is a journey, not a destination. Reading your blog brought tears to my eyes. You will never be the same. Adoption is not only about picking up the child you've been waiting for: it's about changing one's entire perspective on orphans and the world. It was for me, anyways. If you like, we can email about what to expect in Russia. No one really prepared me. I ended up writing a novel about our experiences, to open people's eyes a little bit to what's going on in the world. God bless you!