Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Agency Meeting Update and BIG NEWS!!!

It seems like it has been forever for me since I last updated everyone about the meeting with my agency. Here are the details. My agency is having finacial difficulty but then again who is not having finanical diffiuclts. I have been asked to pay an additional fee by the first of February. I will tell you that the amount that they are asking for is not a fortune but I was having difficulty thinking that paying this fee was a good idea because of my lack of connection with anyone at the agency. They made us aware that they will be asking for additional fees in the next 4upcoming quarters of a lesser amount.

I am trying my best to understand their position and the level of stress and anxiety that they must be feeling as a result of the economy. Going to Michigan was a good thing for me on so many levels. First and formost I feel that I have been blessed with so many material things and a certain degree of job security. I thank God every day for these blessing.

I went to the agency with the intension of making my decision about whether or not I was willing to continue with the agency. So that everyone is clear I would have walked away with no refund because that is the level of economic stress that they are experiencing. I did make the decision that I was not however going to walk away from adoption. This whole process is about becoming a Mother. One thing that has rung in my head for the past couple of days is a saying by Suze Orman "People first, then money, then things"

I figured that the money that I would have lost would come back to me in so many different ways because out there is a little baby that needs me.

I know this is way too long!!

So while I was at the office talking with the agency director about where I stood in the process and quite honestly getting a little upset. A miricle happened!! She told me that she had just received an email about my status.

I got my referral!! Yup that is what I said I GOT MY REFERRAL!!!

It took me a minute to digest the words but actually I think it took much longer then that. I think I am still digesting the information. I think the most interesting thing is that I like all new parents asked is the baby healthy. For those of you who may not know the process this is a very tricky question. Children are not available for adoption in Russia unless they are considered by Russia as having some medical conditions. I can tell you that I am VERY pleased with the limited information that I have been provided. I did receive a number of pictures.

The baby has dark red hair and big blue eyes. There is a cute little baby style double chin. All of the pieces and parts look beautiful.

Oh yes and by the way I think I am already in love with HER!!!!

P.S. Jaime I am pretty sure that you are the only one that reads this blog so please call me before you tell anyone. I want to surprise Cookie in person and I am trying to think up a way. You know I am good at keeping secrets and I know you are too!

If anyone else in the family is reading along Please call me first! I want to be the one to tell Mommy.

33 comments:

Jessi Shoup said...

Joy,

What wonderful news!! I have been following your blog for sometime now thru Adrienne's. Thanks for the update! I check everyday to see if you have any news. Congrats!! May God continue to bless you over and over again!
Jessi Shoup
Ashland, MS

Daberath said...

YAY!!! Congrats! It finally happened!

Amy said...

Yea!!! I've already said it, but I'll say it again! I am so happy for you and what good news! What a great surprise.

Rich and Jolynn said...

This is the best news ever! I think a referral is the best way to have a connection, don't you, all the other stuff will soon be forgotten. Congratulations we are so very excited and happy for you. It was such a pleasure meeting you in person. I can not explain in words how helpful you have been for us. Again, we are so thrilled for you and Gerard.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Oh Joy! My heart is soooo full for you! I can't wait to hear more about when you travel and the waht's next phase. Take everything else in stride. . .God has told you that this little girl is yours! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOO!!!!! i am sooo happy for you. what region is she from? do they know an estimated travel time? this such excellent news.

Nicole Brueck said...

Joy-I am so happy for you and Gerard! I can't wait to hear more information. Now that it has happened life is going to move so fast for you!

HUGS!!

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh Joy!!!!! I am so excited for you!! She sounds just beautiful!! I know you are so glad you went to that meeting!! Congratulations!!

Ms. Elaine said...

I have been reading your blog since I linked to it frm Adrienne's. I don't know either of you but I do enjoy getting updates. It is like having a penpal when I was a little girl. Getting to know someone but probably never meeting! How long between a referral and getting the baby?

sadietalk said...

Oh that is great news. I am so excited for ya'll. I started reading your blog when Adrienne referenced you. Congratulations.

Carey and Norman said...

Yippee! I just e-mailed and then read your blog. Seems like you answered my questions on hair color and chubbiness. Love it. I cannot wait to see a picture of her. Now, you will have to begin thinking of names. I cannot wait to hear about more travel information. Do they have an idea of when you will travel? Oh, I'm so excited!! Yippee!!

Barb said...

This is great news Joy! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

another comment....i gave you an award on my blog. take a look :)

Heather Brandt said...

Oh my goodness! I've been following your blog for a long time now and I am SO excited to hear this news. I'm praying that God will make it clear to you if this is indeed your daughter!

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Becky and Keith said...

YAYYYYYYYYYY JOY!!!!!!! I have been reading your agency updates on my blackberry in traffic each afternoon and after the last one I was so, so worried for you! I can't begin to tell you HOW HAPPY I am for you! She sounds so absolutely adorable!! When do you get travel dates?? (I know, I know... slow down, right?) YAY!!!!! This made my day!

kristen said...

God is so good. That is great news Joy and Gerard! I could not be happier for you.

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Joy, Such wonderful news!!! I literally gasped when reading the big news on another blog just now. It always seems just when you are at the end of your rope, something amazing happens (like referrals and court dates)!!!! I can't wait to read that you have travel dates! Can you share the region yet?

Kim

Roger and Joanne said...

Oh Joy...my heart is so full of JOY for you! Congratulations! Finally! How very exciting!

Oh...how I hope I get that call and can MEET you in Vlad! wait...is it Vlad?

Please provide as many details as you can in the next days, weeks....

YEAH!!!!

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

Congradulations!! I am so excited for you and uncle g! If you need any help with dottie while your in Russia don't hesitate to ask Greg and I!!

findingourdaughter said...

Congratulations!!! What a bang start to 2009!!
Hope this year is the best yet as you bring your new little one home!
God bless,
Angie in FL

Scott said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Melissa said...

Congrats! Getting that referral call is awesome. What good news for you, specially when you were feeling so terrible. BEst of luck.
Melissa

Amy said...

This is WONDERFUL!!!! When you least expect it is when it happens. Congratulations!!!! Keep us posted on your little girl. She sounds precious.

Tiger & Kar said...

I'm sitting here at work with tears in my eyes. I am so HAPPY for you! Congrats!

Keith and Jennifer said...

Joy,
I spoke with Alla yesterday to try and get updated on our case and she told that she had just called the Russian office for someone else and found out they had a referral. I have been praying that this someone was you!!!!! I am so happy for you and Gerard.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Congratulations, Joy! I was so hoping you were going to get that news while you were in Michigan! I'm so excited for you all, and she just sounds adorable! I can't wait to hear more details! Yahoo!!!

junglemama said...

How exciting! Congrats!

Rob said...

Whoa! I got a few days behind on blog reading and the whole world turns topsy-turvy! What incredible news!!!

Peta-maree said...

Joy,

congratulations. I had not checked in your you for a while and today thought I better check.


This is wonderful news. 2009 is your year.

Dede said...

I'm just now catching up on my blogs. What awesome news!!! I'm soooooooo happy for you!!!! I see you have 6 more posts that I'm behind on...can't wait to read more!

Suz said...

Oh my Goodness Joy, I've got chills of happiness for you! I'm just so excited.

Keep us posted!!! I'm putting your blog on my alert section. Since I'm not online much anymore, I mostly read my alert blogs.

Yippeee! It's a girl for you!

Herrington Photography said...

Congrats! This is so exciting.

Christen L said...

Joy!!!!! I've been studying for my board exam and been somewhat out of touch with bloggerland. This is the most amazing news to come back to!!!!!!

WAHOO!!

Now I have to keep reading... dont' be surprised if I leave like 14 comments. lol.

ps - I noticed your sidebar has one of my blogs in it ... but it doesnt have my adoption blog http://ellis-family.blogspot.com