Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Years Eve!

As New Years Eve approaches every year I think to myself WOW it would be so much fun to see the ball drop in person. Then I think about how cold it must be and then there is the issue of where do you go to the bathroom so that is where the thought ends.

As in every holiday Gerard is only off if it falls on his day off which this is not. Usually he works extra on New Years Eve and so he went into work early. I was scheduled to work but alas there are not enough babies born for me to work so I am off tonight.

Earlier I spent so time with my niece and her husband Jaime and Greg. They are expecting their first baby so the family is very excite and driving Jaime crazy with all their thoughts on how things should be. We went to dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant. Yes, I had the same dish that I have had every time I go there. I just can not help it I love it. I am pretty sure the waiter thinks I am so sort of a nut.

When I think back on 2008 I think about all the things that went right and all the things that I wished were different. I am really lucky.

Did I ever mention that I prefer odd numbers?? Some of my favorite numbers are odd numbers. 7, 9, 11, 13, 19, 21. Every house that I have owned has been an odd number. Every car I have ever owned was made in an odd year? Does that make me odd? Well probably but in a good way. Someone has to balance out all that even stuff that Gerard does (but that is another post). I am so looking forward to 2009.

Happy New Year to All!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Well then 2009 shall be a great year for you!

Barb said...

I'm really looking forward to reading about the meeting. I love your new blog-look, too. Today has been a good day here:)

Becky and Keith said...

I am SO with you on all the reasons I'll never see a ball drop! :-) The bathroom thing is what gets me the most. Happy New Year!

Carey and Norman said...

We talked about being in New York too for New Years. The cold last night would have been too much. Plus, you would feel like you couldn't eat or drink all day so you wouldn't have to move. So many brave souls!!

Happy New Year!!

Deb said...

I saw Times Square last night on the news and they were showing a huge sign that said BATHROOMS HERE. But if you moved from your spot you would never get it back.

Happy New Year!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
I am also with you about the Times Square thing.
Have a Very Happy New Year!
Teresa

Carolynn and Steve said...

Hi Joy!
I'm with you..after braving the crowds for the Thanksgiving Parade, I can truly say that I no longer feel the need to be in Times Square on New Year's Eve. I always wanted to do that, after years of watching Dick Clark and the ball drop on TV, but there were way too many kids ON TOP of the porta-potties during the parade--no way would I have felt safe or "private" in them. I can imagine that New Year's Eve would be even more crazy--and colder, too!
I'm so hopeful that 2009 will be a great year for you guys--let's keep in touch.
Happy New Year!
Carolynn

Dede said...

No way I could handle being in that crowd either. You never told us about the odd number thing so there it is...2009 it shall be!!!

Melissa said...

I love odd numbers too. I was born on the 5th month on the 13th in a year ending in 5 so I guess it stems from that. Hopefully we will all hear some great news this year.

The blog looks amazing. I wish I knew how, and had the time to, revamp mine.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I absolutly love your blog, your honesty and courage to be YOU. What I mean, is that you don't make excuses for yourself in the decisions you make and you don't worry about what others think! I admire that! We're complete strangers and it's weird that I can sit and read your blog and get to know you and you have no idea who I am! Wow, that just kind of hit me as I typed it (how strange that must be). Anyway, I just read this post regarding you wanting to see "the ball" drop and I just have to tell you the BEST way to do it is to get a room at the Marriott Marquis! http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/nycmq-new-york-marriott-marquis/

Save up! It's SO worth it! We did it a few years back and got a suite looking out directly at "the ball!" It was a corner suite so we had great views looking down at the crowd below.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your journey in adoption. I keep wondering if it's something I could do. I'm single (divorced), in my early 40's ... but long for a baby, not that interested in pregnancy without a partner.

Happy New Year!
Sincerely, Sonya

Sonyaw1967@yahoo.com