Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Last of the Documents Sent

Yesterday I did hopefully my last trip to Trenton for documents until the next trip. After that I drove to Aristotle and Sloan at my sister's house. She is very excited because she is a girl and we have not had a girl in a while in this family.

Off to the mall because Gerard has been driving me crazy about getting the Rosetta stone course for Russian. I think his mind is starting to wonder about me traveling alone. I know I will be fine but he enjoys worrying even though he says he does not. So I got the course and a few outfits for her that were on sale.

I did venture into the Pott*ry Ba*rn for kids also. Okay why to the girl toys scare me a little bit?

I think it will depend on how he does while I am away to determine whether or not he will meet up with us on the second trip. He is worried about us going through the airport alone. Funny he was less worried when he thought the baby was a boy! What is the difference most 18 month old boys do not know self-defence moves.

He did have a great idea about the luggage. Has anyone shipped their luggage home rather then take it through the airport?? If so please tell me about it.

7 comments:

Our Family said...

Hi Joy,
I have no experience with shipping luggage, but my husband and I did work with the Rosetta Stone. It's a good program, but very hard! I suggest working on restaurant "language". This is what I struggled with the most.
Adrian

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hi Joy!

I have the Rosetta Stone Russian program you can borrow!! You don't have to buy it! Let me know, and I can ship it to you.

I wish I were there with you to go shopping at PBK for your little banana. I LOVE that place. Please tell me you are registering there.

I hope Gerard does meet you on the 2nd trip. We carried our luggage and thought how nice it would have been to ship it (as long as it made it there and back!).

Glad all is going well!
Love,
Adrienne

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Hey there! I agree about the restaurant language. . .that was what helped us the most.

As for the luggage, on trip #2, we actually stored a bag with a few changes of clean clothes for everyone in Moscow. Less to take to the region and we were sooooo happy to see all those lovely unworn and clean clothes when we got back to Moscow for Embassy work!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Oh! and a few words of comfort for the baby. . .I'll email you the info on a book with CD that has phrases children 18 to 36 months old use.

Carey and Norman said...

How fun to be working through the kinks. I'm glad Adrienne has the Rosetta Stone program. I bought the Russian for Adoptive Parents and found it very helpful. I would use it each morning getting ready and in the car on the way to work. It taught adoption friendly verses and was easy to learn. I still say some of my favorites.

Good Luck!

Roger and Joanne said...

I bought what Carey has, the Russian for Adoptive Parents and am very happy with it for the first trip. If we think we'll need more for trip 2, we'll probably get Rosetta Stone.
Shipping luggage to Russia could be VERY expensive. Just look at how much a package of documents costs.

Glad to see you both so very excited!

ana said...

One thing that helped us was learning the alphabet. We were able to figure out some of the signs, and that helped.

Also, on our 3rd and final trip, we left some of the luggage behind in Moscow (along with some of the clothes and other things we didn't need to bring home with us). It helped a lot to lighten the load, especially since we had the baby with us.

It's so exciting that you're planning for that 1st trip!!!