Monday, January 12, 2009

Almost Had To Use Plan C

First of all this is the first time that I have driven to LaGuardia Airport. I have frequented other airports in the area but not this one. Wait yes I was here once but I was a child and I am sure that I slept the whole to and from the airport. Which brings me to getting to the airport, or plan A initially I had thought that I was going to take the bus. Sounds easy right? Wrong getting to the airport would not have been a problem but getting home could have been. If I was one drop late that would have left me in Port Authority in Manhattan at like 11 o’clock at night. Not such a nice area at night.

So that brings me to driving myself or plan B. This was not Gerard’s choice because he wants the new car to remain looking like a new car. This is less of a worry for me. Lets get honest he hates it when I drive into the city. Anytime I have had to drive into Brooklyn or Manhattan he worries. I have a general idea of where I am but typically he gets a call with a frantic “I LOST!” Thank goodness he knows his way around in most of the neighboring cities. Does anyone remember when I had to get the fingerprinting done for the I-171? Well I do and so does he.
Now I am thinking I can do this I got a set of my favorite on line directions that me everywhere perfectly. I do also have Gerard’s mother’s GPS. This way I do not have rent one in Detroit. So I start out thinking I have this all under control. Until I realize that LGA does not have an actual address for the GPS and this GPS does not have the airports pre-programmed (who knows if any do).

So yes I was lost on the way to the airport into Jersey City, I think. Geralyn if you are reading this you almost got a call this morning. I saw the Pulaski sky way and I may have even used it but who actually knows. Instead I thought maybe Joannie my sister could help. What was I thinking my sister gets lost coming to my house. Just kidding Joannie you really kept your cool and helped to calm me down.

So that is when I followed my own inner advice. I hope you all are ready for this because it has always worked for me. I followed the car in front of me. Yes you read that right. This method has gotten me to many of the spots that I have needed to go to over the year.

So I am writing this in the airport as a practice dry run for my trip to Russia one day.
I have no idea what plan C is by the way.

***Editted***



I am here!!
For those of you who may fear I will loss the airport while I am here in Detroit have no fear because my room over looks the flight control tower. Now I am off to the meeting.

PS Gerard there will be a test as about the content of this post!! You have to start looking at the blog too pal.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I have so done that before. Follow someone else and perhaps you get where you need to be. I don't envy you driving to LaGuardia though. Going to JFK is difficult enough. HOpe all goes well. Keep us posted.
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Good for you! You go Girl!!

Can't wait to hear about the meeting.

Amy said...

Glad to see you arrived safely. Can't wait to hear what's up. Keep us posted. :-)

Carey and Norman said...

Good luck tomorrow. I can't wait to hear about the meeting. I laughed at the driving to the airport. I can't imagine. Looking forward to hearing more soon!

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

I like the 'follow the car infront of me part.' Greg would freak out if I told him that I do that sometimes too when I'm in cities...hehehe