Saturday, January 17, 2009

It is 7:30! Get Out From Under the House

The saga continues. Jaime Lynn came over this morning to see pictures of the baby. Grand total of person in the family who know about her is 3 with 2 that are highly suspicious. We will tell them tomorrow. I would have preferred to tell everyone in person but what are you going to do. We decided that it would be easier for our parents if they did not know right now then the wait would seem shorter to them.

My sister Jenny is a truck driver and called to say "I have a secret!" In my family in order to hear a secret you have to tell one. We are a bit crazy because it is very difficult to have anything be a surprise. Please do not tell Chip, Marie or my Mom. I wonder how long I can hold out. Of course Jenny's said her secret was not as good as mine. Then she promptly called my sister Jackie and told her that she needed to call me.

See I will not lie. So far when I have been asked how was the meeting my standard answer was "I got the best possible results" This is not a lie. I did. Which brings me to this morning. Jaime was over and we were going to have breakfast and I was going to clean some. That is when I realized the water was not working.

Well something under the house froze. Thank goodness Gerard was here because I sent him back under the house. He turned on a portable heater under there and then spent a good part of the evening under the house. I did actually have to go under and yell to him "It is 7:30! Get out from under the house!"

One note to self. Gerard has not really left the house or actually my side from the past couple of days. He just keeps walking around and talking to himself a bit. It is cute and funny to see him realize that we are going to be parents and that there may be an end to paperwork one day.

8 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Aren't you having fun finally sharing your daughter with your family. Having photos to share and news of travels soon to come! I am so excited for you!!

Carolynn and Steve said...

Oh, Joy.
Gerald being under the house just tickles me for some reason. Thanks for sharing!
I'm SO glad to hear about your news...keeping you in my prayers!

Nancy said...

Joy--congratulations, I am so excited for you!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

I was about to say I could just see Gerard staying around the house, nesting as he thinks about his little girl, but I've never seen him before!!! Well technically I guess I did see one picture ;-). Tell Gerard I said his hiding has to stop when his daughter comes home. We will want to see lots of Daddy and Daughter pictures ;o)

Can't wait for the rest of your family to share this joy with you!! I'm bursting at the seams waiting to hear your travel dates and wishing I could go with you!

PattiL said...

OM Im such a bad blogger! You got referral YAY! Im so happy for you! I cant believe it! I was back reading and I got a couple of red heads in my family, but waht is her age do you know. i couldnt find out from your posts
Congrats again Mommy!

Nicole Brueck said...

Cute about Gerard walking around the house and talking to himself..LOL! When we got the referral, it seemed to be "real" for my husband as well. Not just this abstract idea. Can't wait to hear travel dates!

Mary and Michael said...

Joy - Congratulations, I am very happy for you both. I hope you hear about your travel dates very soon.

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

Uncle G, under that house.. it's too funny!!!