Friday, January 16, 2009

The Statistics

Believe it or not I have read every ones comments. I keep saying the next post I am going to say 'this or that'. So drum roll please!!!!!!

She is 15 months old born in September 2007, she was a small baby 5.4 lbs and 18 1/2 inches long. Assessing and holding babies all day at work I have always been partial to the big chubby babies but I do think there is nothing wrong with being petite. We love her.

She is from the Cheboksary region of Russia. I have not had much time to do any research about this region but I have found out that I will need the 8 doctor medicals and the 10 wait period is not ever waived.

I also believe that the wait time between trips will be about 12-16 weeks. I do however believe that my agency is going to want me to travel very soon. I guess I have to get a carry-on. So those are the statistics.

11 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

You'll be able to fatten her up once she is home! She'll love American food, believe me. How awesome for you!

Melissa said...

I can't wait to hear about when you go. Can't wait until you can show pictures too. I'll have some of Colby very soon.
Melissa

Deb said...

Did they tell you how big she is now?

I hope that their estimate of wait between trips is way off and you'll have her home very soon.

Carey and Norman said...

5.4 pounds is small, but still very healthy (our little one was less than 3 pounds). I am excited to hear more about the region you will be traveling. So exciting!!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

She is almost exactly the same age as our little girl and her birth stats are the same too! While she may have started out small, she sure has some chubby cheeks now! I hope you get your travel dats very, very soon! Congratulations again!!!!!

Kevin T. said...

Oh Joy, I am just so happy for you!! She sounds so cute already!! Stacy is right - With all the great food here, she will put on those lbs. in no time. I also agree though 5.4 lbs is not a large baby, these days it is healthy!
Have fun preparing for your trip!

Roger and Joanne said...

Yes, I'm also excited to hear more about the region...if you'll be flying in to Moscow or further east.
Small is great. What age range were you originally requesting?

I'm sure you're getting those more detailed descriptions about travel right now or at the very least it will be Monday. Hang on!

algonquinteacher said...

Oh my goodness! I started reading your blog from Adriennes...we adopted our daughter from Cheboksary in 2003. She was little at birth too..only 4.4 pounds. The baby house provides very good care. Wow! I don't run into people who adopt from Cheboksary very often. There in a group on yahoo groups called Chuvashkids for families who have or are in the process of adopting from Chuvashia. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to give you info!
Congratulations!!!!
Ann in CT
algonquinteacher@yahoo.com

The Robins' Nest said...

Oh Joy, Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Our little guy from the Pskov region was also a small baby, 5 1/2 pounds, but he is now the 50th percentile in weight and height and doing well!

The Gum Gang said...

I am waiting on trip one dates too. This waiting can be so hard, but it is easier than waiting for a referral! Hope you get your travel dates soon. Congratulations!

Dede said...

We almost had a referral from Cheboksary. It's a train ride from Moscow.