Monday, January 26, 2009

Uh-Oh Gerard has the tape measure out!

This is never a good sign in my house when he gets out a tape measure. So I happen upon him in the living room measuring the walls and totally disliking all the windows that I love so much in my living room. Now lets all get honest I love to twist him up. I know that makes me a bad person but I just love it when he is a little twisted up.

Today the things that twist him up are things like "You know we have to start to save for a wedding now for the little banana!" Then he starts with how she will wait until she is OLD to get married really OLD. It is so funny to hear how protective he is over her and he has not even met her yet. The other thing that he walks around saying is "I just know I am in trouble because you two are going to team up on me!"

Is he right? Well yes of course he is right!

So that brings me to him walking around the house with the tape measure. This is how the conversation started:

Me: "What are you measuring the walls for?" (Honestly all he had to do is ask me I have most of the measurements memorized, yes I know I am sick woman)

Gerard: "I am putting in a gas fireplace"

Me: "What??"

Gerard: "We NEED a gas fireplace!"

Me: "Why?"

Gerard: "Two reasons, first the floor is cold and the little banana will not like that"

Me: "Okay, what is the second reason?"

Gerard: "You know"

Me: "Okay, no I don't"

Gerard: "You know, stockings hung by the chimney with care"

Okay if you could have seen his face you would have had to run out of the room. He is so in love with her already. She already has him wrapped around her finger. So how can I resist his request when he starts to sing that to me.

I guess I have another thing added to my list of things to do!

10 comments:

Laura said...

Joy: The entire adoption thing was my idea and it really took JD a long time to get on board (thanks to a talking with his mom who was on my side). Even up to a week before we left to go on Trip #1, he was still asking "You sure you want to adopt? We can travel the world, retire early, etc."

From the moment we met our Angel, he has been in love. He needs Supervised visits to Costco otherwise he will always come home with something for K -- no joke. All he says now is, "we just have to get her home."

My heart is so warmed when I see men talk so adoringly of their children...or children-to-be. Life is grand!

~Laura :)

Amy said...

very sweet! what a teddy bear!

Roger and Joanne said...

That is so touching. She's just melting his heart. I can hardly wait to see his reaction when he meets her.

Melody said...

That just brought tears to my eyes! What a sweet daddy!! I cannot wait until you guys have your little princess in your arms!

Anonymous said...

that is sooo sweet! banana will be a very loved little girl!

Amy said...

that is so sweet! Sounds like Banana is going to have a wonderful man for her daddy. He seems to be wrapped around her little finger already (nothin' wrong with that!!!)

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PattiL said...

Listen, your fine! Its once he starts messing with power tools and almost losses a finger then be very worried! For us, my husband would say hes measuring the window, so he can put up the leg lamp from a christmas story!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

That is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard :) Tell him I said he should get your curtains too--they'll warm it up more and make you happy too :)

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

We have a chimney but the bottom of it is sealed up, it now supports our central air system... what am i going to do in Dec? Maybe I should send greg over so that he'll know how to get us a chimney that will 'work!'