Thursday, January 15, 2009

To Do List!!

I am usually a very focused person. I deal with a lot of paperwork at work and my motto is "Get it done and off my desk" So tell me why I checking and double checking all of these documents?

I wish I had a professional proof reader sitting in my dinning room. So part of what needed to be updated was the pictures of the house and me which is fine because I can use the same ones from last time. So off to T@rget I went last night to get them printed out. That is done except oh wait I forgot about a picture of me! A Duh!

By the way you know I did not get to leave target without getting a cute little coat (gasp for full price) one party dress and a few undershirts for Jaime baby's baby she is pregnant and due in May. Yes that is what I call her Jaime Baby. She has no idea what she is having and wants to keep it that way. All she wants is a healthy baby and that is what we have been praying for nonstop. Inside I am now also praying for a boy or I will have to find some one for all these clothes that I have bought 18months to 4T. Yes I am a shopper all clearance but very nice.

So today I am off to Trenton to drop off the stuff that needs to be apostilled I want to do it early. The agency wants everything in there hands by Tuesday the latest. That screams to me that I will be traveling soon. I know there is some one from my agency who is waiting on a court date in my region and I think they want us to travel together.

Hopefully my head will be out of the fog when I get that news. We decided to wait to tell our family until we have travel dates. I know that this sounds odd but they will drive me crazy, in a good way but crazy never the less. I just hope that I can hold out. I think that I need to get used to the idea of having a baby first and then that she is a girl before I add other family members into the mix.

Once they find out it is a girl the boxing gloves will go on because that is when the good old fashion family naming committee will have a big meeting. My 2 of my four nieces are counting on me to not name her with a name that starts with 'J'. All the girls in my family their names start with 'J'. I thought I was going to skate out of this discussion because I was going to have a boy!

11 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

I hope you get the call soon. I remember how blurry our documents seemed when trying to update them with thoughts of travel on your mind. It is hard to focus, isn't it? So glad you are finishing the final touches before travel!! Do they know how long you will wait b/w trips?

webchrissy said...

congrats! We are so happy for you! I know about the naming, my family has called a million times and Steve and I haven't got a chance to even discuss!

Roger and Joanne said...

I can completely relate to you on not telling all of the family yet. We have told one side of the family, but not the other. For basically the same reasons....will drive us nuts with phone calls, comments, suggestions, questions, etc... With some people it's just better to be armed with All the information (or as much as possible)!
I bet you're right you'll be traveling with this other adoptive family.
Oh, I'm so excited for you!

Nicole Brueck said...

Oh paperwork...gotta love it.
I remember running around trying to get pictures, signatures, etc. It sure keeps life interesting.

Now the true waiting begins. Enoy getting ready for your little princess. As far as names...maybe she will come with a pretty one or you can make her given name as her middle name. I know my family had a ton of suggestions but I just told them to shush!

Enjoy the fun that is coming. :)

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

My heart is still so full for you! I get tears of joy reading your posts! Enjoy this hurry hurry time. . .You will feel like it is very stressful but will later look back at it nostalgically. It will soon seem like a blur but such a special exciting time!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

So happy for you Joy and cannot wait to hear travel dates!!!! Yeah!!! I knew your time would be coming...what a wonderful answer to all your stress over the agency meeting. It is your turn girl...enjoy it!

Kristine

Anonymous said...

I'm a regular to Adrienne's blog and thus have become a regular to yours :) My best friends adopted from Vietnam and we finally got River (their son) home in August. What a process all this is...but I am so deligted that you got your referral. God is good isn't he?! Another friend (I follow her blog as well) got her referral after waiting something like 895 days - well she got it on Christmas Day!! So now that you both have your baby girls on the way home I'm so happy :) I love seeing wonderful families come to be! Thanks for sharing your journey w/ us! And by the way, I have a daughter, she's almost 21 (will be in March) and I can tell you she (your baby girl) will grow up and be a best friend, there isn't nothing like the bond of a mother and daughter!!! Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, speaking of "J" names, my daughter is Jennie...LOL I love J names!!

Deb said...

I had to go through all the stuff I had bought for a boy too when Isabel came home.
I kept some special ones and took the rest to a resale shop. No boys that age in my immediate circle.

I hope you hold out on not telling the family. Bet they'll be surprised.

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

You'll make it easier on me if you break the "j" chain, if I have a girl. (Greg and I decided all the good J names were taken) Who are the two neices that want you to stick with the j?

Melissa said...

Got to love paperwork. We are deep in it again too. I think we traveled very soon after getting the referral, perhaps a few weeks. What fun, a Russian winter!
I am so happy for you!
Melissa