Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lucky Number 7

Did I ever tell you that I LOVE odd numbers. 7 being one of my favorite number right after 17 and 21 but before 11 and 13. I think I really started to embrace the odd numbers because Gerard loves the even ones so much.

All my houses have been odd numbers in combinations of many of these numbers above. I guess that is why I feel they are lucky. I have always felt that each one of my houses has been wonderful and will hold a special place in my heart.

Now this is not what you want to hear about. Today makes Lucky #7!! 7 weeks of waiting is over. I could not be happier. Scratch that I would be happier if I was on a plane but for today I am happy. If I have to wait another 7 weeks I hope the wait is similar or better then how it has been so far.

With each leg of the journey that I complete I sit back and say that was not so bad but the next part will be worst. First it was the paperwork that was so intimaditing, then it was the wait for a referral, then it was the wait for the first trip, then it was coming home and now it is the wait between trips.

As I look back however I see that I have really faired well. Actually I think I am a better person now then I was when I started this process. I have a better relationship with God and actually Gerard since I started the process.

Secretly I have had little projects along the way of thinging about this blogger friend or that one. Reading along and praying to myself God I can wait another week but she can not. For those of you who do not follow other adoption blogs the wait time between trips varies so much. Some people will wait only 8-10 weeks while other will wait 7-8 months to see there little one again.

I remember reading 2 blogs in particular when I first started and thinking who she traveled fast but now she is waiting so long between trips. I have always worried about how I would be in between trip 1 and trip 2. To be so close yet so far away. I am surprising myself daily.

Now my newest worry is traveling alone for trip 2. Not because I am afraid but the legistrics of getting from point A to point B. Can I handle being alone with Little Banana YES! Can I handle it with extra bags?? I am not super sure. I know it will all work out in the end it always does. I would rather stress and think about this being the hard part then think about missing her.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I love odd numbers too. 13 being my favorite. But that's probably because I was born on the 13th of the 5th month. I actual celebrated my 13th birthday May 13th on a Friday the 13th. Spooky huh? Anyway, congrats on 7 weeks down. I'm sure you'll get a call soon.
Melissa

Roger and Joanne said...

Yep...stress is what keeps you going in between the trips. Keepin' busy, busy, busy. But you'll be able to handle her and the bags just fine when the time comes. Some how you'll manage because you know you have to, but for now keep thinking about it because that's what gets us through.

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you are doing well during the wait. It is hard to believe it has been 7 weeks. It won't be long now. Looking forward to hearing good news soon!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

Joy, I continue to follow your blog as time allows -- I agree w/ you completely about the things you learn while you are waiting for your child... paperwork, referral, trip 1, and the next trip... it all happens for a reason, just so hard to remember at the time -- Good for you for looking so optimistically on things!! that definitely makes time go by!! I hope you and banana get your re-united date soon!!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

I love your attitude, Joy. I have to tell you that the Ergo carrier will be a life saver for you with the little Banana while traveling. It frees up your hands so much more than a stroller, and you're working on attachment and keeping her safe and nearby the whole time!!! :o)

We love you and can't wait to hear good news very soon!
Adrienne

Amy said...

I'll 2nd Adrienne's comment about a carrier. I was all set to buy an ergo - and then found out my little one was 2 and might now like the inward facing, so I scratched it. It was used once from a friend whose little one did NOT like the inward facing either. I can ask about it if you might like to buy it from her?

Otherwise the one I got was the Playtex Hip Hammock. And the last suggestion is an umbrella stroller. I hung things off the handles. And a backpack for your things. Frees up your hands.

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

I TOO LOVE ODD NUMBERS!!

Maybe you should buy an umbrella stroller to make the airport easier, they had upgraded versions of the umbrella stroller at BRU that had room underneath for a bag, but still were small and light, I would also say get one of those cute bookbag/teddybear'child leashes' incase she'd rather walk.

AdoptaMama said...

We thought the wait would be horrible but after all was said & done, we realized it was totally out of our hands, so we tried to make the best of it. My husband and I enjoyed every minute of our time together and took the time to thoroughly clean and organize as you are doing. Our wait slowly dragged on to almost 5 months, but in the end, things seemed to happen for reasons that only became apparent after our daughters came home.

And, please forgive my asking, but doesn't your husband need to travel (at least ONE of the trips) to meet your daughter prior to adopting her? I thought that was required. Thanks for any clarification and best of luck to you!