Monday, April 13, 2009

March of Dimes Walk

In the next 2 weeks I will be training for the March of Dimes walk that I am participating in on April 26, 2009. I am trying my best to find positive things to do while I wait and when this chance popped up I was elated.

My sister Jackie called me last night and she is going to try to come over with the boys and walk with me too! I love it when people get fired up for a good cause. I have emailed many of my family and friends with the link to March of Dimes link asking for donations. I have added a PayPal link to my side bar if you would like to donate to the March of Dimes through a secure account.

Everyday dollar donated is greatly appreciated. No amount is too little. I have committed to match all donations up to $250.00.

Off to get some new sneakers!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I think this is great. Enjoy your walk knowing you will be helping others. I just donated for you. Good luck.

And with your wait, if you need an ear to talk to, I'm here. Know that there are other people who really do know what you are going through.
Melissa

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Hang in there Joy. You'll be travelling before you know it!

We have really good friends that are the March of Dimes regional family this year and our church is supporting them. This is a great thing to occupy your time.

Hugs to you!!!
Kristine

Kellie said...

Staying busy waiting is soo not fun!! I am right there with you. :o)

I just donated to your walk. We have done the walk before. It is a very special cause.

~Kellie

Nicole Brueck said...

Staying busy is the key to keeping sane during this wait!
Hugs for thinking of others during this time as well!

Carey and Norman said...

What a great cause and way to help others why you wait! Great idea!!

Amy Webber said...

Thanks Joy for your help with the walk. I see there are some donations already for the walk. I hope it is a nice day that day.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

What a great cause and a good thing to focus on while you wait! Good luck as you train over the next few weeks for the big day!

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

I used the paypal link, let me know if you got it! The 5 mile walk sounds like it would be too much for me, maybe next year I can do the walk!