Sunday, April 19, 2009

What a find I have found!

Last week was not all bad believe me. I got the chance to go shopping in Delaware with AM (Gerard's sister) and Gerard's mother. See Delaware does not have tax purchases the way NJ does so I do love shopping in Delaware.

We went to the mall that is just over the bridge with the sole purpose of finding a shower gift for one of AM's friends and of course ended up in the Pottery Barn for Kids. Now I love the PBK but I do find them to be a bit pricey so I love to look for ideas.

Low and behold what did my eyes see but the bedding that I have been looking at for over a month on clearance!!! My hands started to sweat and my poor aching feet could not get to the bedding fast enough. I scooped it all up and started to sort through it. What a find. I got 2 curtain panels that I wanted, 2 duvet covers, 1 set of white sets with rick rack at the edge, 1 decorative pillow, and the pillow sham to match all for the grand total of $251.00.

I feel like I really cleaned up. I also feel like her room will come together nicely now. I also saw a canopy in yellow and white stripes that I love. I think I will hold off on it because I am not sure if she will be old enough to understand that this is not for climbing on and patching the ceiling if she pulls in down will not be much fun.

As soon as I get everything washed and together I will post some pictures. My neighbor has lent me a crib that is virtually brand new. I know it sounds crazy but I have not even started her room. Better get busy!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

It isn't crazy. Mike and I didn't really set up Colby's room until after my baby shower in early Jan. It had a crib but not much else. Mike finished building the dresser and we decorated the room then. I just couldn't do it before. And we had gone to Ekat in late June. I can't wait to see the photos of her room. It sounds like it will be beautiful.
Melissa

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hooray!!!! I can't wait to see it!!! You know how much I love PBK, and I always keep an eye out for things we have on our "maybe someday" list on clearance. I'm sure her room is going to be beautiful :O)

Anonymous said...

steal of a deal! i love pottery barn but have never found a good deal. we don't have a store here either. glad you got a great price.

Jane and Jim said...

YES!! You better get busy indeed!
She'll be here before you know it.

You are in the very exciting stage right now - enjoy every minute of it! I'm already looking forward to REdecorating Kara's room when she gets out of her crib!

You did get a great find - suuuuppperrrr!!! Congrats and I can't wait to see some pics!

Carolynn and Steve said...

Yay for sales! Especially when they come right when you need them and are inspirations to get things moving. I agree--it sounds like the room is going to be so beautiful!