Thursday, April 23, 2009

6 Weeks Down

This week has flown by. I can not believe that it is another week down. Yesterday I emailed my home study agency for the new addendum to the home study with the new requirements for the US Embassy in order to get Little Banana home.

To my surprise the paperwork was done in about 1 hour from the time I emailed them. So off on a road trip I went. 1.5 hours north to pick up the papers, then 1.25 hours to the quilt store for one more smocking lesson and then a quick trip to Trenton.

I feel good that some of this paper work chase is coming to an end. It looks like I will have one more trip to Trenton this week to pick up these documents. The last thing that I need to complete is the medical tests. I will call today or tomorrow to schedule the EKG and Chest X-ray. Then I fear I might have the paper work done. This was a really good week for me even though I am still missing her.

9 comments:

Rich and Jolynn said...

So happy for you! To have the paperwork almost done what a huge accomplishment. Everyday I check on you hoping that the date is set for your court appointment. Praying for news soon!

Melissa said...

Goo dwork Joy! It is a great weekw hen things get accomplished and our goals seem to get closer. Hopefully the rest of the paperwork will be done quickly also.
Melissa

Amy said...

Glad to hear that your home study is done and ready for Russia. Having a week that flies by while waiting is always a blessing. Hopefully the next few weeks will "fly" just as fast. Hoping you hear something soon.

Colette said...

Sounds like things are going smoothly Joy. It must be such a weight from your shoulders as each goal is accomplished without drama.

Troy and Rachel said...

That's great Joy!! You'll be headed back in no time!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I won't be long now. Can't wait to see the projects you are working on!

Kristine

Jane and Jim said...

Excellent news! Keep on truckin' on!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

It sounds like all of the details are coming together, and I hope you get your court date very soon!

Laura said...

Yeah!! Funny how when it comes to our little ones and the p/w -- we'll drive to the ends of the earth to get it expedited.

Glad things are moving forward...now let's hear that you're on your way back to Russia!

Blessings,
Laura :)