Friday, May 1, 2009

Everyone needs a pair! (Sneak Peak)

Okay I try to find the humor in most situations. For me it helps so that is my best cooping skill. So I was looking through the pictures of Little Banana and she was wearing a good sturdy pair of black shoes. Leather, good condition with little lace up ties and very functional shoes. Seeing pictures of these shoes makes me laugh because they are so not what I would put on her. She has so many pairs of Mary Jane style shoes and I really can not stop myself when I see them so I just keep buying new ones.

For me this is a good memory because in the video you can hear the shoes tapping on the floor as she walks around. At one point she even rested her head on my lap and danced her feet around in place. In my opinion I think it is because she was happy and the noise that the shoes makes I think is some thing new for her because in her referral picture she did not have shoes on. So I am not sure that she is used to wearing them. Tap, Tap, Tap.

I know in my mind shoes in Russia are very expensive. In a orphanage they are probably treasured and really something that they try to keep track of so that they have them when they need them. Oh how I wish they would give me those shoes when I pick her up. I would pay any amount of money for them and they probably do not even realize that I would or that most adoptive parents would.

I have been holding off on posting a teaser shot for you all but I can hold off no more. Here is your sneak peek. This is part of one of my favorite pictures of her. I carry it around with me everyday.

12 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

How sweet...and much better than sandals with flip flops so many wear!

Melissa said...

Those shoes are something. Colby was wearing various little sandals when we would see him. One pair was almost baby blue and the other was a dark blue/yellow combo colored. I would have loved to have something from the baby home. I had asked our coordinator but not anyone at the orphanage. Perhaps if you ask and are willing to leave a pair or two of new shoes behind they might give them to you.
Melissa

The Robins' Nest said...

Thanks for the sneak peak! So cute and reminds me of one of our visits with our son where he was wearing black patent leather shoes with pink and red rhinstone hearts.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

That is really cute! Aidan wore sandal-like shoes. . .sometimes they were decidedly girlish--pink with flowers! We bought him some nice sandals at the local mall while we were there. Those became his favorite sandals to wear for a long time last summer, until Nana gave him the flip flops! Sadly, he outgrew them by the end of summer and I didn't think to buy more in larger sizes!! Check the local stores when you go back. You'll probably find something you will love that she will like wearing. Great sneak peak!!

Heidi said...

I love those little shoes too!

Roger and Joanne said...

Finally a teaser photo. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to finally see her.
I hope you're getting close!

Rich and Jolynn said...

Love the sneak peek and the shoes are so cute. You are right I would want them too. I am trying to be patient while I wait to see Little Banana.

Anonymous said...

those shoes really aren't bad for orphanage shoes. everytime we saw nick in the orphanage chris would tell nick that as soon as we left russia we would get him some cowboy boots! oh how nick loves his cowboy boots.

Deb said...

Cute! And what a great memory. Maybe you can buy some similar when you go back to pick her up. Won't be the same but close.

Kami said...

Aww.. I love the shoes!! Like the others who have posted, our little one wore sandals with socks every time we visited him. He LOVES his little sandals I bought for him for this Summer and even once wanted to wear socks with them! :) You might look around Moscow or even her region and see if you can find some similar to those. I sometimes wish we had bought some sandals there as a keepsake. Thanks for the teaser picture, I am praying that you get to bring her home soon! :)

Kami

Laura said...

Oh, love the sneak peek!!!! You certainly have more willpower than me. I swear -- I'm showing all that I can at the moment without showing her face...and it's so hard!! I go into Picassa and crop the pics up to the point where I don't cross the "identity" line.

But this little sneak peek of yours gives us something to go on and we'll patiently await MORE!!

Hang in there -- and hopefully you're back with your little banana SOON.

Blessings,
Laura

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Thank you for the sneak peak! I love it!!! The little shoe is just precious. Can't wait to see more!!!

Kristine