Monday, April 27, 2009

March of Dimes Walk

For the first time this year the weather was HOT, 90 degrees to be exact. The walk was at my old college. It was weird to look around and see what changed and what has stayed the same.

My walking partners were Amy and her children Kevin, Ryan and Matthew along with Meridith. Amy and I actually went to nursing school to together. A couple of years ago I talked her into going back to college for her BSN and now she is on to her master's degree. We were able to raise 400 dollars. 130.00 dollars was raised by my blogger friends. I am sending out a big Thanks to everyone who supported me either with a pledge to just a quick pray that I would actually make it to the finish line. I did take pictures along the way and even one at the finish line. You all have made a difference!!

During the walk I thought about many of the babies who we have cared for as premature infants and I was even surprised to see one of our graduates. I also walked and thought about another baby that I am sure many of you know or follow his story. My prayers go out to Stellan. I even put together a quick art project with his name. I will be sending the picture to his Mother who is in Boston along with my prayers. I was over joyed (parden the pun) to hear the good news today.

As promised here are the photos.




















At the finish line with Amy and Matthew

4 comments:

Rich and Jolynn said...

Hi Joy,

Love the pictures! Your smile is so great and contagious. I am so happy you had such good weather for the walk. I know you take wonderful care of all those babies. Your work is such a miracle!!!

Jo

Amy Webber said...

Joy,

The pictures came out terrific! We did a good job and I was so happy to have company on the walk, I know you suffered with my crabby kids!! But we perservered and ultimately finished!!

Melissa said...

Congrats on your walk. IT looks just as beautiful there as it has been here. Keep working hard for those little babies. Colby was 10 weeks premature as was my nephew Keith and I know the struggle that they go through. Congrats again!
Melissa

Troy and Rachel said...

Joy - you are an inspiration! Love the photos and it looks like you had a wonderful time!!