Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sometimes Change is Good!

This morning I fell asleep watching some video of Little Banana. Sorry Family I thought that I would have been able to get it together sooner so that you all could watch the video sooner but I am a little scatter brained. Soon I promise. I have to keep the surprises coming.

I love and hate my new phone. I can get my emails and I read them as soon as they come in but I have not been able to figure out have to send an email. I know it is easy that is what everyone tells me but I actually think there is a problem with the phone. Wow I am way off topic.

So I woke up this afternoon and read a fresh, hot off the press email from my coordinator. Can you guess what the topic was?? No it was not about a court date but the medicals.

Apparently, the clinic in Moscow is being investigated. I will need the 8 doctor medical evaluation and once again I thought easy I will just do it in Moscow. Well, the clinic is now asking for us to bring a few new things. Mostly lab tests but the trick is these results can not be more then 3 months old. That is when I usually go Hmmm!

If I do not know when my travel date is then it is difficult to time the medical stuff correctly. It can be done as a matter of fact I know it can be done. I am looking at these changes as good news. Honestly, I am happy about these changes because even though there is some level of guess work some of the guess work has been eliminated.

For any who is stressing about the medical stuff here most of these tests are VERY easily obtainable with the exception of the Hepatitis D as per my experience. I would also say that most of these tests results should be back within 2-3 days.

One thing that I will stress is that in the U.S. Hepatitis D is not a test that is usually ordered. This is not part of a standard Hepatitis profile so if you are having these tests drawn in preparation for your trip to Russia PLEASE I beg you make sure that the Hepatitis D is ordered separately and that they know that you know this is not a typical test for the U.S.

So how does this effect me you say. Well it means that I am done with the paper work that I needed to have to AAI by April 9th. YEAH!!!! :)

Tomorrow I will drive to Trenton to get the Apostilles started. I spoke with my coordinator and hopefully I will get an update about my case some time after April 20 because the coordinator in Russia is on vacation until then. All in all this is a wonderful day. With God's help all things are possible.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

YOu have to love those medical papers. We had to do the 8 medical here in the US. What fun that was, but that is what Ekaterinburg requires. Ugh! Try explaining to a cancer doctor that you need an appointment but no you aren't sick. What a mess! I hope everything comes together for you soon.
Melissa

Roger and Joanne said...

Congrats on getting the paperwork shuffle done! I finished mine today too!
Medicals....Hmmmm...no one has mentioned anything about blood tests and stuff yet to us. I HATE needles. I hope I don't have to do it--especially in Russia.
Good luck with the Apostilles.

Penny said...

singing praises for a positive day!!

Anonymous said...

those russians take a million vacations a year. i swear everytime we turned around during our adoption someone was on vacation slowing things down!

you are getting closer.

Rich and Jolynn said...

Amen, to the last sentence!

I have never heard of Hep D. What the heck is that. I am so happy you have gotten the paperwork done. Praying that your court date is as soon as possible.

Rich is asking which phone you have? He can help ya send an e-mail if you like.

Nicole Brueck said...

Glad your paperwork is done and out the door to be apostilled. That part was always such a relief to me.
Can't wait to hear about a court date!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

We had to bring lab results (blood work and chest x-rays) with us and then saw the 8 docs in Moscow. Pretty simple. . .and I don't remember if there was a Hep D test done! Maybe. . .Glad you're moving forward in any case!

Carey and Norman said...

I wish they didn't make things so difficult. I just think they should be more relaxed on when exactly the paperwork was completed. Does it really matter if it is 3 months or 6 months old? Do many families medicals really change that much in that time frame? Or...they could schedule your court date during the 1st trip, so you know when to complete your paperwork...nah...that is too easy!