Monday, April 6, 2009

Still Waiting on the Paperwork

Today will be another paper work day. My lab results are finally back so I will drive to the hospital pick them up and take them to the doctor so that he can sign off on my medicals. I feel like that is a big step forward. One thing off the list.

Next are the financials. I still have not heard anything positive about that as of yet. The account has been very busy. I can not help but think she might be holding a grudge. Please let this not be true. I want to have faith that she is not and that she will just sign off on them, let me pay her money and be on my way.

I got my FBI background reports back. I sent in 4 copies to be stamped and only one came back. My coordinator told me that it was okay to just copy the one that I have and then have them all notarized. So that is the plan.

Which brings me to my latest issue. The approval letter or I-171 has changed a bit since April 1, 2009. Now my home study must reflect specific medical diagnosis that I am able to care for in order to be issued a VISA for a child who has a medical diagnosis. By the way all children in orphanages have medical diagnosis. So now I will have to have yet one more update to my home study.

This new updated home study must be sent to the Department of Homeland Security so that I can get a new I-171. Without this I-171 I can not bring her home. So to those who are reading this and think that this is not a big deal it is. Probably one of the most important papers that I will need.

So here I wait. I feel like I really have not made much progress with the paper work but mostly because I have to wait for others to complete their portions. I had hoped to be finished with all this paperwork but I am not even close.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I had heard that they were changing the way Immigration wanted home studies done to approve that form. Ugh! I am so glad we came home when we did. I hope everything works out for you soon.
Melissa

Roger and Joanne said...

Hmmm...I just sent in for my I-171H extension last week. I wonder if they'll be sending me something asking for an updated homestudy with that in it? Curious.
The peperwork shuffle is so frustrating. I'm sorry you're not quite done yet.
Thanks for the sweet comment on m blog!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

It will get done! Not to worry! And, I had heard that you don't actually have to go to the Embassy for the interview anymore. . .that is a good thing as they always set your appointment during nap time! Screaming babies. . .

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you are making progress. The best feeling is when you are on a plane to Russia and you know that it is all done. It is funny how easy the post placement reports seem in comparison.

We never gave anyone our signed copy of our I-171H. We were told to keep it for Immigration when we entered the states. We gave them the packet from Russia and they never asked for anything else. So, I still have our original CIS approval. I think they used a photocopy in Russia. Crazy!

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm glad that the paperwork is trickling through. Keep marking them off one by one. Hoping everything comes together soon.

Jane and Jim said...

UGH, I HATED the paperwork part. Most of all waiting on other people. I always had my stuff ready on time, but waiting on others is a P.A.I.N. in the REARRR.

I'm sorry you're having to do this.
Keep on moving along - you will get there eventually!