Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Date with George Washington



The plan for Saturday earlier in the week was to get the house power washed. Now doesn't that sound like fun!! Gerard has a friend who does this for a living and they trade off services every once in a while. I was excited about the power washing because the house needs it. Here is where the BUT gets inserted and the plans changed.

The power washer man got in trouble. Apparently, he has been working everyday for the past 2 weeks and his wife is mad. So today he spent time with his wife. Gerard was afraid that I would be mad but I said "Heck no I am not mad. I just wish we could spend the day together and do something fun too." See Gerard works a lot, work is one of his hobbies. He would work everyday of the year of I let him.

I guess this got Gerard thinking. So Friday night he asked me if I wanted to go shopping for a tree for the front yard. We went to one of my favorite places to purchase trees and picked out one for the front yard and one for the back yard.

I insisted on a tree that flowers and as you can guess we decided on a cherry tree. The tree that was in the front yard was as Gerard puts it "Looked haphazard." I think it looked like a dancing dog personally.

On the ride home we started to talk about Little Banana and the wait. He told me that he is surprised that I am taking it so well. Honestly, I am doing far better then I ever thought I would do. I started to tell him that I know she is safe and healthy and that I will get to be with her soon. I did shed a couple of tears that is when he told me to look in the glove compartment and what did I see? You guessed it one of my favorite pictures of her and that made me smile.

When Little Banana comes home I will take her picture next to this tree.

6 comments:

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

Nice Tree!! Today looks like a great day for the March of Dimes Walk! I'm glad to see you've met your goal and beyond!!

Melissa said...

Nice tree. I have been asking Mike for a small cherry tree too, but we'd have to cut down the way too big tree in the front yard first. Not something we can do ourselves, it's next to a powerline. Ugh!
Melissa

Amy said...

Great tree idea! Hopefully you'll have a wonderfully WARM trip to Russia now that the weather is turning...

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

And when you're ready to take her to Mt. Vernon, let me know! You all can stay with us and we'll take you there. You'll love it!

Jane and Jim said...

What a sweet man you've got there!
Oh, and a beautiful tree!
I wish I could have cherry trees down here. I LOVE cherries!!

Carey and Norman said...

I love flowering trees too. How fun to have a tree planted for her before coming home. It will be fun to watch it grow as she grows!!

Thinking of you. It won't be long now!