Friday, August 28, 2009

So waht has Dottie thought about the change?

I think there is always a fear that when a child comes into the home the dog that you have loved for years will not mess well with all the changes. Dottie is quite a particular dog so honestly I had my worries. Add in the fact that she is not feeling well and that is a recipe for disaster in my opinion.

The first day she was a little anxious about Anna being here. Anna is interested in Dottie but is not right up in her face interested which I am thankful for. Dogs can be funny and I have always watched Dottie like a hawk when children are around. In the past if I have seen Dottie get anxious I would call her to me to settle her down and that always did the trick but what do you do when you have a little one on your hip? You adapt.

I am very happy and proud to say that Dottie has adapted very well to having Anna squirreling around the house. I of course do not leave them alone in a room together but I think that no 2 year old should be left in the care of a dog no matter how nice the dog is.

She is adapting so well that the other day when Anna was sleeping I watched Dottie take her baby and place it on Anna's tummy. This is Dottie's only true prised possession so Anna should feel honored. I can not believe how sweet the gesture was.

As far as how is Dottie feeling, well I am sad to say that she is now having small seizures. We had been playing in Anna's room and Dottie came into me, my mother and sister with her baby, laid down and had a seizure right there. You can see how tired she is getting. For now the plan is to stay the same, if she does not seem to be in any pain and is not having multiple seizures everyday we will just love and care for her until that changes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy,
Oh, poor Dottie - I hope the seizures go away. She is the sweetest dog the way she gave Anna her toy- That shows that Dottie is so happy to her there. The pictures from below are just adorable.
Have a great weekend!
Teresa

Melissa said...

I am so sorry to hear the news about Dottie. She sounds so sweet and to be in pain is terrible.
But how sweet for her to share her baby with Anna. Adorable! We were worried about Misha, our 80 pound black lab but her and Colby get along great. The wrestle, play, and just have fun, just like brothers and sisters do.
Melissa

Rich and Jolynn said...

Dottie is so sweet! She knows how important Anna is to everyone. I hope she is doing better.

Jill and Cliff said...

Dottie is so sweet to give Anna her own precious toy. I am sorry to hear about her seizures. I am glad she has taken to Anna and Anna has taken to her as well. You have a beautiful family.

Amber said...

poor thing I hope the seizures go away.

Dana Doctor said...

Poor Dottie! What a sweet dog!

Kami said...

Sweet, sweet Dottie! I am so sorry to hear she is feeling so bad. I love the story od Dottie sharing her favorite toy with Anna, so sweet! I will be praying that Dottie starts feeling better soon.