Friday, August 21, 2009

Finally asleep and the house is quiet...time to blog

What a busy, busy, busy couple of days it has been. The trip home was very good. For the first flight which was close to 11 hours she fell asleep as the plane was reaching the runway. She managed to sleep for about 1.5 hours until the nice (insert sarcasm) man behind her woke her up by continuously kicking her seat. I told you woke her up you entertain her. So for 9 hours they played caught and peek-a-boo. Probably the last time he will kick a baby's seat.

Made through passport control only after she started to scream and then I had to tell the man sternly that she will probably cry until she becomes a citizen. That moved things along faster.

The next flight was a breeze. She slept until we landed. I call Gerard who was waiting by the exit to meet us. Oh to see him standing there was the best thing I had seen in days, okay the second best thing Anna was the best thing. She was tired but she did give him a poke which is quite funny because usually he walks by me and just pokes me. We got the bags then out to the car. Yeah!!!! Except she needed a diaper change. Thank goodness I cleaned out the trunk. After she was all freshened up she went directly to her car seat.

Gerard asked me "How is she in a car seat?"
I told him "I will let you know when I put her in one"

The funny thing is I had asked about a car seat for this trip and was told they had one. They do not use one. Gerard laughed and said "You only asked if they had one not if they use one!" Hate to say it but he is right. Just do not tell him.

The car ride home we slept.

Once we pulled up we let Dottie come out to the car and I got her out of her seat The funny thing is she took a double take when she saw Dottie come in the house like "Hey lady that dog is in the house." Dottie was way better then I expected, Anna prefers to only pet the spots which is very funny.

So how was it for Gerard to finally see and touch her. Well I think there are no words to describe it. His face just lights up. "She is pretty little and even" were his words to be exact. Yes I said even because is is doing everything even like. It just cracks me up.

When I was changing her diaper with Gerard for the first time I let her hold a clean wipe and she promptly washed the right side of her face then the left, wiped the right foot then the left. Believe me I could go on and on about her evenness. Which has Gerard beaming and of course he is pointing all out to me everything. Great!

So yesterday was our first day home but of course this was not a normal day as if any are normal but there was a lot of traffic. I think somehow it was best to have everyone come sneak a peep over the next two or three days. We are sticking to the no holding and no feeding rules that I outlined earlier.

One funny thing is that Gerard noticed a difference in her when others were around. Bingo Daddy that is what I have been telling you. Better that he see it for himself. He favorite game is to run from me to him. Then he swings her a little bit and it is back to me for a hug. We have found that if we sit on opposite sides of the room a couple of feet apart she comes to one of us. For that I am very please.

I have not uploaded my photos from this trip yet but these ones are from my third visit with her. I have so much to write about and so little time. I know same old story as everyone else. I hope to be able to get some of it down in the next couple of days.

When I was in Russia was not able to access my blog at all. Weird. Only Facebook thank goodness. I know my sisters and cousin Val told my Mother that all was good and for that I am very thankful.

I was however able to read all of my comments because they get emailed to my phone. In the next couple of days I will post some of the things that happened when in Russia because I never want to forget any of it. So you all will just have to bare with me and all the boring details (He He He).



July 30, 2009

It was so stinking hot that day! The funny thing is she would not wear the bonnet that I brought her by would wear the elf style hat. I tried like heck to find one like that but could not. I hope to be able to make one for her. She wore it like she does everything else with determination.

28 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

So glad things are going well..I was dying to know...

The pictures are darling..even the hat. None of this is boring to me! Keep it coming.

So glad you are home and you can begin the bonding process!!! You are already a great Mommy.

Kristine

Amy said...

She is adorable! Anna wears the hat well. Glad to see that everyone is abiding to your rules and that the bonding has begun.

Now you should be resting not blogging (LOL) Rule #1 you rest when she is resting :-)

So happy to see that you are home and everything is going well. Can't wait to hear more.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Way cute! All of it!

Kellie said...

Joy, she is beautiful! I am so glad all is going well and you are sticking to your no touching/no feeding rule. It is hard to do, but will make such a difference.
I love that she only likes to pet Dottie's spots..so cute!
Keep the stories coming...It is not boring at all. :)
Now, get some rest...you know..sleep when the baby sleeps.

Kellie

Candace said...

She is absolutely precious and I am so happy for you and your family.

Nicole Brueck said...

Great pictures. Loved your plane ride stories. :) Go to sleep....it will be a precious commoditiy in the next few weeks.

Jane and Jim said...

She's toooo precious! I'm so very glad you're home and safe.
Now, let the fun begin! You will have so many stories - start writing them down and take a billion pictures. They grow up too fast!
Congratulations again! I hope you can get some rest.

Melissa said...

Congrats and welcome home again. I am thrilled for you. Get some rest. You'll need it. She will be up and running like nothing has changed. You'll need your energy!

She looks so adorable. I love the photos. Can't wait to see more. CONGRATS!!!!
Melissa

Scott said...

Sounds like you are off to a great start. I am looking forward to hearing more about your time in Russia. Especially any tricks you used to keep her occupied for the long plane flight home.

Anonymous said...

she is beautiful! welcome home!

Barb said...

So glad you are home now, Joy, and the 3 of you can enjoy your new life together!

Anonymous said...

She is precious.. can't wait to see more pictures and watch her change as the weeks go by.. Congrats again and enjoy her..

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Welcome home, Anna!!! Joy, I'm so thrilled for you and Gerard. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures in parenthood :)

Many many blessings on your family.

cm

Barrett and Jen said...

COngratulations! She is absolutely beautiful!

JennStar said...

Love the pictures!! And so glad you guys seem to be transitioning well! And we can read the stories 100 times, and it's still special to read them again!! Can't wait to hear more about the trips!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy,
I am just so very happy for you guys!! I love hearing about how Gerard is just so proud!! She is just the cutest!! Have a very happy weekend -I am sure it will be so much fun!!!! Teresa

Michelle said...

there as an entry not too long ago that you posted... no specifics, just saying you might have lost your daughter. you never told us what happened, but to know she's home forever is a HUGE relief to me... and i don't even "know" you!

praying for your new family...

- michelle

Dede said...

She is so adorable...congrats on your new family!!! I'm so happy that it's finally over for you and you have her home with her forever family!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!

Donna D.
babies6/frua

Ms. Elaine said...

I am so glad to read the post that you are home and adjusting to life with a child....can't wait to see pictures and hear about your trip

Amber said...

so glad to hear that things are going well for you:) such great news!

Laura said...

Congratulations, Joy and Gerard! I got goosebumps just reading about all your firsts.

Enjoy every moment. Blogging becomes difficult but like you, I find it one way to preserve my memory of everything happening. Get some rest...she'll have you running from here on out@!

Welcome home,
Laura :)

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Welcome home! I can't wait to see her personality unfold as you guys grow together as a family. She is just so adorable!!!

I encourage you to write down everything about your time in Russia while it is fresh in your mind. I kept thinking, I'll have time to do that later, but life only gets more hectic each day and I have yet to get it all written down.

P.S. Tt's never boring to me!

Amy said...

More more more more more!! Love it! So glad you are home and getting settled.

Welcome home mommy!!

Carey and Norman said...

So glad you are home. Anna is absolutely precious and even (too cute). I cannot wait to hear more about your time together.

Roger and Joanne said...

Welcome Home!
I bet the three of you are simply in heaven!

Best of everything!

Dana Doctor said...

Glad you guys are home safe and sound... as a family. Her pictures are so sweet.

Penny said...

Beautiful!

I am so happy for you, now buckle your seat belt. As you have already realized your life will never be as it used to be. So much changed and so much better.

She is absolutely gorgeous!