Sunday, August 9, 2009

I wanted to wash the laundry room floor but....

I really did not want to have to purchase a new washer. It seems each time I have come home from Russia the house seems to implode. Between the laundry and trying to figure out what to pack for my 3rd trip my washer was going pretty steady all day. At least until I heard Gerard yell "Bozz" That is what he calls me.

The laundry room was full of water. I started to run for towels and the sweetest thing came out of his mouth. "I hope her room is still okay I will check that!" Her room backs up to the laundry room, all dry, thank goodness. The water traveled the opposite way towards the garage.

I just laughed because I think I am so lucky. The laundry room doubles as Dottie's bedroom. She would have freaked if this had happened when I was not home and she was in there. I never leave the dryer on when I leave but I have left the washer on. I will rethink doing that in the future.

Dottie has not been feeling well the last couple of days. Soon this 'poor thing' that is what Gerard calls her even though she is treated like a princess is going to have her world turned upside down.

***Oh did I mention today marks the 10th day of the 10 day wait!!***

12 comments:

Rich and Jolynn said...

Yes, we had that too. Our hot water tank went on the fritz leaving no hot H20 for our house sitter, oops. I like that your nickname is Bozz. Gerard knows what to check first! So excited for you, almost time to go get your baby! Soon Anna will be home with her Mommy and Daddy!!!

Amy said...

Wooo hooo 10 days is done!

Melissa said...

Yuck on the washer but yeah for the 10 day waiting period. That was such a long wait for us. Staying in Ekat knowing he was close but yet still so far. At least your wash room floor is nice and clean!
Melissa

Jane and Jim said...

Yay that the 10 days is up!!! When do you go back?

Sorry your utility room got all wet - better that this happened now and not when the little one is with you!

Barb said...

Glad her room is safe! I can't wait to see pictures and start following your journey together!

Dede said...

Sorry to hear about the laundry room. Glad the 10 day wait wait is over!

Roger and Joanne said...

Can't wait to see her picture! So soon!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

10 days!!! It will be here before you know it!! Sorry about the washer:(

kate said...

It's Monday in Russia. Happy official end of your wait!

Now go get that little peanut.

kate said...

Yeah--can we see a picture of Anna now? Puhleeeeeaze?

Beth said...

YAH forever family day will be here soon!!!!! Well at least the washer went now and not when ANNA is home

Lori said...

Congratulations on the 10-day wait coming to an end. All that's left to do now is go get her! Can't wait to see more pictures!

A wet mess is my #1 pet peeve. My washer did that once, turns out there were coins and other debris under the agitator blocking some of the water from exiting properly and the water ended up on the floor. If it's not the hoses, take out the agitator and check for items.