Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Less worried and court update

Last week I was perplexed as to should I spend some time worring about the things that I needed or to just let it flow. I will admit I worried like heck. My home study agency's license had expired and there was some discussion about where or not they would be re-issued a new license. Apparently, there was some paperwork that they did not complete prior to their application for renewal. So I am sure you all understand my concern.

All I could think is I have come this far and the thought of needing a new home study from a different agency was blowing my mind. I have to say I kept my head and by the grace of God the license came through and I took it to Trenton yesterday.

Last night I worked onmy Petition to Adopt and have just gotten word back that I need to get it notaried and the apostile done as well. So I am glad that I will be driving to Trenton to pick up the other paper work today because I can drop this stuff off.

I have my thoughts that this is something that should have already been done and I pray this will not hold up the court date. I did speak to my coordinator and she told me not to expect a court date before the end of June which will put me at just over 4 a month wait.

I know that some would find comfort in this but honestly it made me ill to think about it. I started to tear up but I understand that I have little control over any part of this process. I was better when I thought the call could come at any minute. I feel like my hopes have been daashed. I keep seeing a pattern that I have to feel like I am just about ready to throw up before each major step.

I am trying my best to stay positive and look at the bright side of this wait. So here goes:

1. Perhaps my arm will be healed
2. It should be beautiful and warm in Russia during the summer time
3. Oh I will still have time and the ability to start her room. I had a vacation planned so that I could focus just on that but the arm changed the plan. Now I hope that I will be able to enjoy every minute of decorating it for her. But much to my dismay there is nothing done in her room. I may have to have some friends over to help out.

10 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Dearest Joy,

An intense preview of being a mother: Expect the Unexpected! It will all work out and I just know you'll have her home soon enough to take her to all of your favorite beach haunts. . .more than once, too! Don't over worry about her room. She'll love it no matter what!

Ever in my prayers.

Stacy

Troy and Rachel said...

I like your last positive thoughts about your arm being healed, having good weather and working on her room. Hang in there - we are praying for a quick court date.

Anonymous said...

the wait is horrible! hang in there.

Melissa said...

Russia in summer is beautiful so the timing will be good. Russia in Jan was TOO COLD!! Your arm will be healed and things will be good. The timing will be right, whenever it is. Hang in there.
Melissa

The Robins' Nest said...

Definitely stay with the positive. I know it's hard to wait, but it will happen and after it does you will look back at this time and think about how quickly it went by and how you now have no time to get anything done!

Melissa said...

I would have loved having you. If you were in CT, you weren't far from us.
Melissa

Carey and Norman said...

Praying for the call to come quickly! I know having waited 5 months the anxiety you begin to feel at month 4! Thinking of you and praying for news soon to come!

Barb said...

My heart aches for you and this agonizing wait - I can completely empathize because we went through the same thing. I am so glad that you are able to see the positive side . . . I had trouble with that - although in retrospect I know why we had to wait (combination of learning patience, making contacts to help with attachment and something else personal). Just know that your little Banana is in a place that feels safe and familiar to her and it won't be that much longer till you get that call (or email!).

kate said...

I'm with you--why are you just now being asked for your petition to adopt? Mine were done with my initial dossier. And, I know that "intention to adopt" gets signed before I leave the region.

Very odd...

But, great that you'll have two arms to hold your little one. Bananas are slippery!

adrin said...

Always think positive and don't loose heart I know its difficult to wait but you just think about it that you can get the call anytime.

Code is - Legal advice forum